I'm new here!

Options
Hey y'all! My name is Jessica and I am 24 years old. I have always been extremely overweight. Right now I weigh in at 280 lbs and my height is only 5.0 so my BMI is 54.7 which is extremely high. Every year I go on a diet and will lose 20 lbs but it is only because I overdo myself and completely stop eating. I have two kids and I am married but I have been really depressed lately. I came across an article about losing weight, becoming fit, and quitting with the excuses. I realized that I had to quit with excuses and lose weight but at the same time I needed to become healthy. I am not on a diet but I am doing a lifestyle change which I cannot come off of.
I started this past Monday (8/18) with my lifestyle change. I walk 1.6 miles in the morning and the same in the evening after dinner. I am drinking nothing but water (I used to drink a whole 2 liter of soda by myself in a day) and I am eating healthier with a calorie change of 1800 daily. I will be honest the first two days was hard and I did end up eating a couple things that I am not proud of but I am getting up recipes and meal plans. I also am eating 5-6 small meals a day vs. 3 big meals and 1 snack which is helping the urge to pig out. I am about to go get a food scale this weekend, some good tennis shoes, and some very healthy foods. I am praying to see some good results but I know that this is going to be a lengthy process so I am taking it day by day!

Replies

• kimdyj
    kimdyj Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is great site to keep track of what you are eating. I'm on a diet program that is closely monitored by my doctor and it's pretty strict but i'm seeing great results. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Saybrielle
    Options
    Sounds like you are definitely on the right track! Keep going and don't get discouraged....you can do this!
  • Bluearmy1
    Options
    Hi my name is Neil, I am 47 and I have struggled with my weight ever since I stopped playing rugby in my late 20's. At my heaviest I was 22st (308 lbs) and at one time I did get down to 16st (224 lbs) but now I am hovering around 18st 7lbs. But a friend put me onto MFP and I feel like I am going to get it this time!!! :smile: :smile: :smile: