I did it!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I've actually cut out all cream from my morning coffee!

I used to drink it with a ton of stuff in it, then started measuring and switched to just a couple tbsp of skim milk. Now I am able to drink it with just a little splenda. Lot's of calories not wasted anymore!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    I've actually cut out all cream from my morning coffee!

I used to drink it with a ton of stuff in it, then started measuring and switched to just a couple tbsp of skim milk. Now I am able to drink it with just a little splenda. Lot's of calories not wasted anymore!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good for you!:drinker: One of the first things I did when I started my "lifestyle change" was to start drinking my coffee black. I went from flavored creamer & two sugars to black cold turkey. It was tough in the beginning but now it's just a thing...
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I guess I'm one of the "lucky" ones. I've always taken my coffee black...and the stronger, the better:bigsmile:
  • Adele
    Adele Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    That is great! I drink my coffee with fat free Hazelnut creamer but my trainer said I should cut that out - but I really do love it. Other than occasional drinks, it is my only vice.
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am still at about the 4th step in the 12 step process!

~laughing~

Used to be like 4 to 6 sugars and mostly flavored cream.

Right now, I am 2 sugars and about a tbls of cream.

Will be trying to go to the light stuff eventually! Though I am pretty happy I have lowered from like 200 plus calories to like 100 in my leaded to unleaded process!

I like making my own ice coffees and about DIED when I saw how much sugar goes into them!
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    your my hero, I told myself I love the two sugars and the creamer so much that I'll just try to give coffee up rather than have to put artificial sweetner or non fat creamer in it..........I'm an odd one anyway, I make my coffee taste like dessert!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I am still at about the 4th step in the 12 step process!

~laughing~

Used to be like 4 to 6 sugars and mostly flavored cream.

Right now, I am 2 sugars and about a tbls of cream.

Will be trying to go to the light stuff eventually! Though I am pretty happy I have lowered from like 200 plus calories to like 100 in my leaded to unleaded process!

I like making my own ice coffees and about DIED when I saw how much sugar goes into them!

It really is a 12 step process huh?? I just slowly started changing it and getting used to it. Gradual seems to work for me!!

Love your quote by the way!! Eleanor Roosevelt was definitely a woman ahead of her time!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    your my hero, I told myself I love the two sugars and the creamer so much that I'll just try to give coffee up rather than have to put artificial sweetner or non fat creamer in it..........I'm an odd one anyway, I make my coffee taste like dessert!!!

Oh yes, trust me! I appreciate a Peppermint Mocha around Christmas myself!!! :)

Now, I would just rather have that 200 or so calories for ice cream!! haha
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!

Soon we will have the Black Coffee Drinkers club here at MFP!! I, too, take it black after many years of flavored creamers and splenda. My only vice is still a Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte once in a while for a treat!!

Step 12 here you come!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • timisw
    Options

It really is a 12 step process huh?? I just slowly started changing it and getting used to it. Gradual seems to work for me!!

Love your quote by the way!! Eleanor Roosevelt was definitely a woman ahead of her time!

Changing from cow milk to skim was the same thing!

I had to put the quote in there from another conversation from yesterday on here!

It fit perfectly! ~wink~
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'm a tea girl myself..straight up! But I do like coffee occassionally and it has to be with 2 sugars and 2 creams...oh well, guess it's a good thing I don't drink it often! So what r u gonna spend ur extra calories on? lol
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Awesome! I'm a tea girl myself..straight up! But I do like coffee occassionally and it has to be with 2 sugars and 2 creams...oh well, guess it's a good thing I don't drink it often! So what r u gonna spend ur extra calories on? lol

Hmm, well, it's been a gradual change anyway.....so I have slowly just added a little more Edy's Light Slow-Churned ice cream!! :wink:
  • TamTastic
    Options

Changing from cow milk to skim was the same thing!

I had to put the quote in there from another conversation from yesterday on here!

It fit perfectly! ~wink~

Oorahh!!

I can understand! hehe. I come from a military family. Not Marines but both grandpa's were Lt. Cols in the Army. (One was in WW2, in fact he fought in the Battle of the Bulge and one in Vietnam)...I have a bunch of uncles that were in the Air Force and my dad was in the Navy. My brother actually went to Marine bootcamp but had to be discharged when he hurt his knee badly.
  • timisw
    Options
    Oorahh!!

I can understand! hehe. I come from a military family. Not Marines but both grandpa's were Lt. Cols in the Army. (One was in WW2, in fact he fought in the Battle of the Bulge and one in Vietnam)...I have a bunch of uncles that were in the Air Force and my dad was in the Navy. My brother actually went to Marine bootcamp but had to be discharged when he hurt his knee badly.

Wow.... Thats a lot of military legacy! ~smiling~ Your an Official Military Brat!

My dad was in the Korean War and I have other uncles and aunts from the WW II era.

How did your brother's knee heal?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Oorahh!!

Wow.... Thats a lot of military legacy! ~smiling~ Your an Official Military Brat!

My dad was in the Korean War and I have other uncles and aunts from the WW II era.

How did your brother's knee heal?

Thanks Tim! Glad to be an official military brat! :)

My brother's knee is fine..it just gave out on him while running in basic training and I guess he tore something...but it kept him from continuing on. I felt bad for him! His name is Tim too! LOL!