Options
2»

Replies

• bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
    Damn, son! That video made me smile. :smile:

:) Thanks! It is definitely smile worthy IMO. 4 months ago I started off struggling to be able to lift 135.

Good job. Clearly you were already strong as hell, because you didn't add 400lbs to your lift in 4 months through only muscle. I'm betting you brought your grip and some of the assisting muscles up to snuff in that time though.

Either way VERY impressive. Keep up the good work!
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Again, thanks for all the support everyone!
    Good job. Clearly you were already strong as hell, because you didn't add 400lbs to your lift in 4 months through only muscle. I'm betting you brought your grip and some of the assisting muscles up to snuff in that time though.

Either way VERY impressive. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I've always been strong, but with the strict nature of performing a deadlift my muscles just weren't having it (neither was my spine). I moved up quite quickly once I got my form corrected and worked on form non-stop.

My grip was also atrocious, so I began lifting 100 lb dumbbells in each hand until failure. I've slowly bumped myself up to being able to hold onto them for around 2 1/2 minutes. I'll also do Farmers Walks with a trap bar loaded with 315 lbs until failure.
  • BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I will be going for a DL PR next week...hoping for 445.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Bro, that is sweet, My 1RM is 455, 520 is sick.

Rigger
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the awesome words of support everyone!
    ETA: Ahh, you're working towards 6 plates. My mistake. Though, what combination did you use to get 520 on the bar?

I did 5 plates each side, which equals 495 lbs (including bar), plus one 10 pound per side, which equals 515, then a 2.5 pound per side to equal 520.

Gotcha! Was just curious since I couldn't see them. :smile:

maybe cus dat *kitten* in in the way :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • srmchan
    srmchan Posts: 206 Member
    Options

:) Thanks! It is definitely smile worthy IMO. 4 months ago I started off struggling to be able to lift 135.

Now I'm inspired. I just started learning how to dead lift. Pulled 135 for the first time last week. It was nice using "big boy" plates; can't wait to graduate to multiples!

Sam
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Congrats on the 500 club membership!! ;) When I started dead lifting I was the same way: my grip was always way behind my ability to pull. Even with shrugs, its usually my grip that failed first, frustrating. I bought some of the higher poundage grippers (they have them in 150-400lb one handed gripper strength) and a fat grip rope winding bar from one of the power lifting sites, that helped a lot at the time.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Nice pull bro - that is a chunk of weight - Eastcoast Jim
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    Train smart, train hard. Look forward to your updates!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    0lVyhLy.gif
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    dayummm.....you're my man if I ever get caught under a car....you'll flip that thing like a tonka toy....
  • shmerek
    shmerek Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Awesome pull dude!
  • Murphy0126
    Murphy0126 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    Congrats on the 500 club membership!! ;) When I started dead lifting I was the same way: my grip was always way behind my ability to pull. Even with shrugs, its usually my grip that failed first, frustrating. I bought some of the higher poundage grippers (they have them in 150-400lb one handed gripper strength) and a fat grip rope winding bar from one of the power lifting sites, that helped a lot at the time.

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to look into that.

I'm all for increasing my grip strength, as I refuse to use straps.