Lightly active?

Options
Just have a question? I work full time in a retail setting. I have marked myself as lightly active and am following a 1200 calorie diet. I am 5' 137 lbs. looking to lose another 10-12 lbs. I also wear my pedometer to work and record 10000 +steps per day. My question is do I count the steps as extra exercise or is that part of my light activity? Please any comments?

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Those steps logged at work are already accounted for with the "lightly" active setting you chose. Don't count those as extra exercise (no double dipping, so to speak).
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks, that what I thought.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Working retail and walking over 10,000 steps a day you're probably more than lightly active. 1200 calories is very low.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Just have a question? I work full time in a retail setting. I have marked myself as lightly active and am following a 1200 calorie diet. I am 5' 137 lbs. looking to lose another 10-12 lbs. I also wear my pedometer to work and record 10000 +steps per day. My question is do I count the steps as extra exercise or is that part of my light activity? Please any comments?

I would personally include them in my activity level.

Also, you are likely more active than "light active"...I have a desk job and I'm still light active without any deliberate exercise.
  • calton1
    calton1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'll have to rethink what I've been doing.