GNC total lean shakes

Options
Anyone know if these really aid weight loss?? I've been drinking them since Saturday and I swear I've actually gained weight.

If you use anything what works for you?

Replies

• Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing I used these. Worked great for me.
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Are they the same as the Lean shakes they used to sell? I managed a GNC store for a little while and Lean Shakes were amazing as far as taste. I sold them both to people looking to lose AND those looking to gain (mostly older people). The reason for that is if you use them as intended, as a meal replacement, they make for a very low (some would say too low) calorie meal and if you're in a calorie deficit, will cause weight loss. BUT if you just add them to what you're already eating, you're probably going to gain weight. That's just math.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    As stated, they don't have any magical weight loss property. What will help you lose weight is a calorie deficit. If you like the shakes, by all means, fit them into your day. Just remember that calorie deficit rules weight loss.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I take lean shake 25 and have lost 9 pounds my first 3 weeks (along with clean eating and excersize)

I use it in replacement for what are potentially my worst meals of the day which are 1) the 745am food truck at work where I used to get breakfast burritos and 2) when I get home from work right before the gym I'd eat like a peanut butter sandwich and snack on crackers. I have eliminated both bad habits with lean shake and am about to buy my 3rd tub