Need some inspirational words...

Options
Hey guys, i've been on here for a couple of months now and last time i weighed myself (last week) i had lost a total of 1st 2lbs.

Recently, i've been doing some temporary work, which are horrible hours and at awkward times, so my eating habits have gone horrifically downhill. I've been eating cakes, chocolate, pizza, burgers, all sorts and this has happened for 3 days in a row now ... I'm getting back on the wagon tomorrow but i'm feeling really negative and disgusting and i feel like it's so easy for me to fall back into that old fat routine :(

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Can you bring lunches? Sandwiches or dinner left overs?
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    If you're overeating because of negative feelings and stress then the solution is to start changing your mental game by keeping your internal monologue positive. Beating yourself up over a bad day or two isn't going to help. Pick yourself up, get back on track, and stick with it.
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    We all have those days. Sometimes you've got to just get back up, dust your rear end off and get back on that horse... Sometimes you've got to do it a few hundred times before you see real lasting results. You've got this!!!

I have this quote taped to my wall at work: "To achieve anything you want in life, you must first start by getting out of your own way. ~Rafael Colon" :smile:

Hope that helps... :smile:
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Stand up, brush yourself off and get back to it. The knack to weird hours is preparation. Don't be lazy and eat just cause you are on a different schedule. That's not an excuse to undo everything.

Come on you can do it. Sit down and plan.
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. -
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    As soon as you have a moment at home, hit the kitchen. Pre-pack up some planned lunches and snacks, (you're now ahead of the game). So you had three bad days, this isn't a race and sometimes you're gonna have to change your sneakers. That said, tomorrows a new day, it's up to you how you're going to start that day.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My favorite is from Yoda:

Do....or do not. There is no try.

You'll get back to it, just do it. :)