protein

Options
Is it bad to go over on your protein?
I average 2 egg whites and a Greek yogurt for breakfast, Two chicken tenderloins for lunch with my salad and tonight I had my meal replacement shake and 4 turkey meatballs( because I made them for the kids and they looked good) ; LOL Weak moment. I like eating a lot of protein because it keeps me full.

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical condition, no. Also, typically recommended 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein for active adults for muscle retention. So you may not even be eating that much if you're going by MFP's default protein. I eat over 100g a day,myself.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    No real issues with going over on protein, unless you have some kidney damage, whereby too much protein can put additional pressure on the kidneys apparently. Providing you don't fall into that category, I wouldn't worry.
  • LiminalAscendance
    LiminalAscendance Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I have no idea why anyone would think the list you gave could be "too much" protein.

However, if you were actually concerned about the issue, I would think you would have been more specific (the weight of the food would've been a good start).