My battle with water.

Options
2»

Replies

• ChefSchnauzer
    ChefSchnauzer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I made the switch over from Diet Coke to water with San Pellegrino carbonated mineral water. If I were still a working Chef (in the kitchen) I'd still be on the Pellegrino but I got a water cooler with 5 gal bottles and really like it.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I keep a gallon jug in the fridge and just drink it:wink: . Whether 8 glasses is a myth or not, I KNOW I feel better when I drink it. After BFing I think I'm just used to it.

YES COLD COLD,, and colder.

+1
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I have a water bottle (the kind with the straw and the flip lid thingy) and I just sit it next to my keyboard all day at work. I practically nurse the thing, especially in summer. I also use it as a reflex for two actions:

- if I'm hungry, take a big drink of water (no more hungry, yay!)

- if I'm starting to get a headache - guzzle! This is mostly instinct due to getting a few too many dehydration headaches when younger.

I also have a third reflex:

- starting to sniffle at an inconvenient time? DRINK ALL THE WATER. Starve a fever and drown a cold. Or something. But it works for me.

tl;dr: get a water bottle and keep it full and by your side constantly.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Try adding some fruit to it,
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't battle with water. I drink some when I'm thirsty and that's it. All the chugging of water is not necessary. It's a ploy by the bottling companies. Myth.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am a water GUZZLER. If it was a competition I would beat everyone. :)

Try using mental imagery - take a big long slug of water and imagine a beautiful, clean, clear stream flowing over the parched earth - because essentially, that's what's going on inside your body.

By the time you actually feel thirst, you are already dehydrated!
  • chixabomb
    chixabomb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I fill four 24oz bottles the night before so they are easy to grab and go. I gave up all liquid sugar with the exception of my morning coffee and evening tea so I'm not tempted to grab the juice or pop my fiancee keeps in the fridge. When I'm bored of plain water, I make iced tea using loose leaf teas from David's Tea or fruit infusions. If I need something sweeter I add agave.
  • KarenBev1977
    KarenBev1977 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I used to drink more tea than water but now I drink between 3 to 4 litres a day depending what exercise I am completing that day.
    I have a 1.5 litre bottle which I fill up first thing in the morning and just keep refilling once I have emptied the bottle until I go to bed.
    I now find that if I don't manage this I genuinely can feel the difference in my body and it is uncomfortable - it is something I am used to now and is a habit which I can't break. My skin is better, my headaches reduced and overall I feel better for it.
    This website had ideas on what you could add - not endorcing the health statements it makes but provides an alternative to plain water x
    http://www.doctoroz.com/slideshow/supercharged-infused-waters
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I carry a 32oz reusable water bottle with me everywhere and refill it all the time. I prefer room temp water.