Drinking water.

Zaii
Zaii Posts: 29
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
Here's where I fail hard when it comes to my diet. I try my best to drink as much as I can but I seem to only hit around 3-4 bottles of water which is pretty much half of what I need to drink.

So what I wanted to ask was does anyone have steps or ways they try and keep the water intake high?

Replies

• It's probably best to remember that a bottle of water is actually more than one serving of water (I think 8oz.)
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Zaii- I put Crystal light in with my water and that helps a lot! Don't focus so much on HOW much to drink, but just that you're staying hydrated throughout the day. After a while, you'll start craving it more and more....:-)
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    I bought 2 - 34oz bottles. I fill them up and when home just take a drink here and there. Take them with me when I go out and to work.

Maybe try one of the flavor packets to make it taste better so you will want to drink more?
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Any time you see the word "water" or any word having to do with drinking, have a drink. Anytime you see any water or any kind of liquid (even if it's just on TV, like a lake or ocean or whatever), have a drink. Any time you hear the word water or hear anything about drinking at all, have a drink. Any time you put anything into your mouth, have a drink. Anytime you go into the kitchen, have a drink.

In fact, have a drink now :D
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    I drink at least 1/2 cup each time I go to the bathroom, before I leave the bathroom. It's a cycle effect... the more I go the more I drink the more I go the more I drink :) Plus I keep a glass at my desk at all times and in the winter have been trying to drink hot tea to get in at least another 8oz.

You also can usually get in 3/4 cup when you brush your teeth (so x2 for many people) and in the evening when I take my vitamins I get usually another cup.
  • Just so I can drink water like mad, I add 2oz of cranberry juice, a squezze of half of lemon and the rest with water into a 20oz container. I can drink that all day long.........I'll switch up on the flavors now & then......I suggest carrying some kind of container that has measurements on it. This way you can lug that badboy w/ you & all times.....I started carrying around a half a gallon container until drinking water was easy to me....Now I drink from 64-80oz of water on adaily basis.......
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    :laugh:
    Here's where I fail hard when it comes to my diet. I try my best to drink as much as I can but I seem to only hit around 3-4 bottles of water which is pretty much half of what I need to drink.

So what I wanted to ask was does anyone have steps or ways they try and keep the water intake high?

I make water goals.
    My first bottle is in traffic on the way to work.
    Next one with my lunch.
    Then on the way to my sons daycare.
    Fill up at his school then drink on the way home.

Each bottle is 20 oz so I get about 80oz per day. It helps me a lot because if I am behind on water I try to just drink the rest of the bottle fast!
  • Zaii
    It's probably best to remember that a bottle of water is actually more than one serving of water (I think 8oz.)

Funny that I did forget about that. lol.
    Zaii- I put Crystal light in with my water and that helps a lot! Don't focus so much on HOW much to drink, but just that you're staying hydrated throughout the day. After a while, you'll start craving it more and more....:-)

I'm going to have to try this since I have heard so much about it.
    I bought 2 - 34oz bottles. I fill them up and when home just take a drink here and there. Take them with me when I go out and to work.

I need to find one here, not sure where to look.
    In fact, have a drink now :D

Trust me I am right now! lol
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member

I started craving it until it got cold now I just want coffee LOL
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    I also use Crystal Lite in my waters. It makes it taste better and makes you want to drink more. Make sure you put those on your list to keep track of even those few calories you get from this. Good luck.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    use crystal light, get a 30 oz mug, fill it, don't move away from sink until it's gone. Just chug it. Refill, set aside for next session in 2 hours.
  • Zaii
    So pretty I need to hit around 80FL a day correct?
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Go by half your weight in ounces of water daily. If you weigh 200, aim for 100 oz of water.
  • dancer77
    dancer77 Posts: 249 Member
    I'm with you on the water issue. I must have been made to be a camel because I only drink 3-4 GLASSES a day (not water bottles). The Crystal Light trick works for me...other than that just reminding myself :P
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Everyone's body is different doctors and others recommend 64 ounces a day.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    i drink 32 oz with every meal
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    i drink 32 oz with every meal

WOW, how many meals do you eat in a day?! If that was me I have roughly 5 meals a day I would be drinking way to much water.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    I went and bought a 32 ounce cup from 7-11 (one of the ones that people fill with Coke). I keep it on my desk at work and wind up almost accidentally drinking more than enough water daily. My average day - like today - I had about 96 oz of water. Keep your water close to you and I promise you'll drink it.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    I have an 18oz water bottle that I fill up and drink out of. I also like to add a sliced lemon to my water to give it a little flavor. I know I can be better about drinking the larger amount of water --for me it only works if I have the water bottle with me at all times.
  • vaughny
    vaughny Posts: 145
    i only do 3 meals a day =)
This discussion has been closed.