As your diet progresses...

Well I started using MFP 2 years ago and didn't last long. Then this summer I started jogging using the C25K program and I lost 15 lbs! But soon I noticed i wasn't losing weight anymore because of muscle. For this reason I decided to start dieting with MFP yet again and I've been going for 30 straight days. And as I've been dieting (using the 2 lbs a week diet) I lost another 12 lbs! But now I notice again it is dwindling off and I find myself not losing as much weight per week. Suggestions please!!

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    I only wish building muscle worked that way.

How much do you have to lose? 12 lbs a month seems awfully fast. Like, you're probably jeopardizing muscle, not building it (muscle building typically requires weight gain anyway).

Weight loss isn't linear. You can't count on losing every week. You might want to set a more sustainable pace, so you don't burn out again.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    How much do you have to lose? 12 lbs a month seems awfully fast. Like, you're probably jeopardizing muscle, not building it (muscle building typically requires weight gain anyway).

There's no "typically" about it. Calorie deficit+C25K does not produce muscle gain in any universe inhabited by man, building muscle is hard work both in the gym and at the table, it does not happen by accident. OP, as the previous poster said weight loss is not linear, and 12 pounds in a month is shockingly fast, and is diminishing your lean mass. I too am curious about your stats, a little more info could go a long way to helping you out.

Rigger