As your diet progresses...

Well I started using MFP 2 years ago and didn't last long. Then this summer I started jogging using the C25K program and I lost 15 lbs! But soon I noticed i wasn't losing weight anymore because of muscle. For this reason I decided to start dieting with MFP yet again and I've been going for 30 straight days. And as I've been dieting (using the 2 lbs a week diet) I lost another 12 lbs! But now I notice again it is dwindling off and I find myself not losing as much weight per week. Suggestions please!!

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    It is extremely common to lose faster at the beginning. Some of that is water weight. Also, as you lose, recalculate your calorie goal. You will need fewer calories (all variables other than weight remaining constant.)
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    It is extremely common to lose faster at the beginning. Some of that is water weight. Also, as you lose, recalculate your calorie goal. You will need fewer calories (all variables other than weight remaining constant.)

THIS. Plus 2 lbs a week might be a bit aggressive depending on how much you have to lose and it can become difficult to keep eating at such a low calorie constraint unless you are also working out quite a bit. Just my own personal experience.