Happy about a couple NSV's

Options
Not your normal success stories, but huge for me,..

For the last week or so I have finally been seeing the results of working out. Saturday I ran .5 mile, but figured it was just a fluke. Well since then I have done it 2 more times. This evening was actually about .7 miles, but I walked about 50 yards through a curve on a slick gravel road. Yesterday I finally rode my bike up the hill next to my house. It is a steep hill about .3 miles long. I have been trying off and on for 2 months now to top it in one go. That is the first time in about 16-17yrs I have got up that hill! And as far as the running goes I have NEVER ran even .25 miles in one go. Just never was a runner at all. So far it has been a good week!

Replies

• devotedhufflepuff
    Options
    That is just awesome! I know you work really hard and it definitely shows in your latest profile pic. You're my MFP friend who has lost the most weight so I'm really looking up to you. Congrats on all your NSVs!
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    These are amazing accomplishments. I coach young runners (middle/high school) and when they start out, running .5 or .7 is huge, huge, huge. So great job!! :drinker:
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Yay! grats! It's exponontial, because its really all mental. Soon you'll be running 5k!!!
  • dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    These are fantasic NSV's :) Congratulations!

I can still remember how excited I was to run from telephone pole to telephone pole, then suddenly I did 2 poles at once and it's amazing how big the smile could be on my face. Now I'm running, still a fairly slow pace but I run regularly just because I can and it's so cleansing for my mind and the physical benefits I get from it don't compare.

Keep on plugging along at your pace, finding what makes you happy and celebrate each and every one of these reasons to smile.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!