What was the worst thing about overweight?

Options
bluecat145
bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
Sorry if this is the wrong category, but I would love to hear your stories.
I mean things like general pet peeves about weight.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Everything.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Having to order clothes online because nothing in the stores fit.

Amongst other things..lol.
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Having to order clothes online because nothing in the stores fit.

Amongst other things..lol.

Pretty much this, but at the same time if you can't shop online it's finding "Big box" name brands and finding your size.
    Or, the little excitement you get when you find something you're in love with in your size.
    The fact that you wind up scoffing when a shirt labeled O/S doesn't really mean "one size fits all".

I guess clothes shopping as a whole just sucks :(
    Give me "Big booty problems" any day over having a big tummy,
  • RWTBR
    RWTBR Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Going from being attractive to repulsive, according to some people. Not getting dates. Meeting someone in person who I talked to online and being told "You need to change your pictures."
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Being fat....... 'ter'

Lethargic, out of breath, sore, miserable, generally run down.
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Everything.

OMG......not to take this thread off topic, but YOUR PIC!! It took me a minute before I realized it wasn't an elephant's t'other end! :wink:

As for what was worst......hmmm, I know I really hated seeing my reflection in a mirror or a window, etc.

ETA: spelling
  • kathyschance
    Options
    Shopping for clothes....and rude people.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Everything.

This pretty much. Waking up with back pain was also terrible. I used to also wake up after sleeping 7-8 hours and still feeling sluggish.
  • love8383
    love8383 Posts: 169
    Options
    lots of things, but the things that seem to stick are silly little things like one time my car was broken into and the officer took a report and in the box that asks for my description me he wrote "fat" (i was well aware i was fat, but for some reason it still bothered me) :/
  • BannedGeekMN
    BannedGeekMN Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Being looked at differently. I am a kind, caring, fun person; Those things don't matter to a lot of people when you're overweight.
  • the_summer_belle
    the_summer_belle Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Laughing an feeling my belly fat jiggle after a while i stopped laughing, now im lean i laugh all the time.
  • nicjustine
    Options
    Overall, just feeling held back. It sucked not liking my body or myself for my lack of self control, but I could easily forget about that or get a nice complement and feel a little better, but the worst thing for me was definitely being inhibited by my weight. Everything from not being able to wear the clothes I wanted, to avoiding activities that showed off my body (like swimming), or even doing things I would have liked to avoid the attention and judgement. I realized how much of a problem I had when I realized how much of a problem it was becoming when it started to keep me from living. I guess that's kind of a problem with myself and my own self image, but because of it I've become a better, healthier me.
  • nicjustine
    Options
    lots of things, but the things that seem to stick are silly little things like one time my car was broken into and the officer took a report and in the box that asks for my description me he wrote "fat" (i was well aware i was fat, but for some reason it still bothered me) :/

Wow. Not cool. I'm not a cop, but I feel like that's pretty unprofessional. And rude.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I have really great tastes in clothes but I am not comfortable wearing these clothes because of my weight.

Also, I had a "friend" who basically told me that she only went to the gym with me so she wasn't the fattest one there. And it's true that I am sometimes (a lot of the time) the fattest person in the gym but I don't want people to use me for that purpose.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    the way other people treated me
    how noticeably better I am treated now that I am no longer super fat is utter bull****
  • dsm1991
    dsm1991 Posts: 156
    Options
    bloated face
    puffy nips
    no vascularity
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    probably the panicky feeling I had at my old job when they would take constant photos & video of all staff at events and then plaster the photos all over the corporate intranet. These weren't normal photos like seated at a dinner party or posed in a group with other employees...they were like, bowling in an ill fitting company-provided t-shirt, or out in the hot sun serving hot dogs to the clients of the nonprofit where I worked...holy moly, I HATED the way I looked in those photos and it made me feel out of control and miserable and humiliated, even though on a regular daily basis I liked my appearance pretty well despite the extra weight.
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    Mods saying that I am showing too much when other members are wearing the same as I am.
    Or and the looks you get when out with skinny friends
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Hearing my S/O tell me I wasn't looking too good. She didn't mean for it to hurt, but it still did.

I realize now, she just want's the old me back.

Yep, it feels like a knife in the heart, even though you know it's a sincere desire to help. I can now commend my wife (and yours) for having the quijones to speak up. That itself, cannot be easy.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Not fitting into my clothes :-(