When It Starts To Come Naturally

Options
I was really stumped for something to write about today. I feel as though I have been a little bah humbug the last couple posts, and that is not what I want to be in life or reflect on the regular here. I asked one of my besties at work what to write about and she gave me a great idea. She told me to talk about how everything is becoming more natural. We had went out shopping on lunch and she wanted to get some Taco Bell on the way back, I didn’t even hesitate and was satisfied with what I had prepared at work . We ordered her usual bean burrito with sour cream and headed back to work. I had taken note of the fact that I wasn’t really tempted or fazed. For a fleeting second I thought about a bean burrito, because I love them…the calories on one I was scared to look at (FYI 370 for 1 bean burrito). She was right, it was become natural for me to just avoid the foods that I knew were not right for me. She told me that she noticed it and that I seemed really confident. What a fantastic compliment to receive. I wasn’t even trying either. Everyone has been on the date where they order a salad to look healthy as they are internally salivating at the steak or delicious meal that there date is mowing down on. You can fake being healthy, but it was instinct. I chose healthy like it was no big deal….THAT IS A BIG DEAL!!!

Over the weekend we had some friends over to our house to watch a little pre-season football. I noticed how good it smelled, but I was so concerned about A) how many calories were in one slice and B) What it would do to my stomach that I didn’t even sample. The box is still in our fridge with left over. NEVER in the past would that have lasted as long as it has. I would have taken down 2 pieces minimum and probably found my way to graze on some sausage and olives off the top each time I went into the kitchen. Outside of the initial feeling of being left out while the other 5 people at the house were eating….I felt great that I made healthier food choices. I had turkey meatballs and baked sweet potato fries. It was delicious! Sitting back and looking at that and the Taco Bell choice today…this is becoming habit for me. That is GREAT!

I feel the same about exercise too. It’s just complete habit to pack my gym bag in the morning and make sure that I am getting some time to workout. I feel off if I don’t get a workout in. Today I designated as a rest day, I could feel how fatigued (not sore) my muscles were. However, I ended up doing planks and squats in the middle of our rows at work. I recently became a wellness ambassador at my place of employment, and they are working on promoting healthy living. So today was my first ‘Wellness Wednesday’. So part of my team opted to do some exercises for a few minutes at 3 today. We got some looks, but everyone was impressed that we were “working on our fitness” as Fergie would say J. It invigorated me. I was excited to get some squats in, and even a Plank…which can I say is harder to do in heels! Just feeling those muscled engaged brought a little more life into me. What is happening to me??? Am I becoming a ‘health nut’….I LOVE IT!!!

So much of my day now is talking about weight, health and fitness. The blog prompts a lot of communication with friends, family and strangers with the same goals in mind. I have friends texting me pictures of their food. I am sending ab and squat challenge reminders to others that wanted to follow suit with me this month. I have made new friends on myfitnesspal (user jened13) and facebook (rejenuvate page). I have connected with old friends in some cases. We talk about different exercises and diet options. I have had friends reach out to me for healthier options, and I have an answer for them. If you follow me on Instagram (rejenuvate) I post all of the food that I eat. I have had a ton of recipe requests. I have done exactly what I wanted. Submersed myself into this new lifestyle until I don’t have to fake it anymore and I can REALLY live a healthy lifestyle. I am inspiring others and being held even more accountable than I thought. I LOVE everything about that!

From my blog at www.rejenuvate.com

Replies

• SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I love this - thank you so much! I'm looking forward to the time when great choices come naturally. But I also have pizza in my fridge that I haven't touched at all, so I guess it's coming!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Eating right and exercise has became a habit for me too. My wife loved Taco Bell, but I can't think of a thing they sell that I would really enjoy. Too much salt and grease. I do still eat pizza once in a while. I just do enough cardio to burn the extra calories.

I post pictures of my supper here {http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1402096-what-s-for-supper?page=2#posts-21235684} every night, as well as on another site and Face Book. Most day my breakfast is the same, but when it's not, I will post pictures at http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1379679-what-s-for-breakfast?page=6#posts-21112599.

I do most of my walking at work. I try to get it in between customers. But if one of my regulars come in while I'm still walking, they will say, "don't stop just because of me." I do my lifting, gazelle and stationary bike at home, the first thing in the morning. If I have to leave real early for work and miss my morning workout, I feel lost.

I enjoyed your piece. Keep up the good work.

Larro