Working moms and dads

cryslynn1980
cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey. I just currently started back to work full time 7-8 months ago. I have gained 15 lbs due to lack of energy/time to exercise. I work 4 10's. I have tried to get up early but I already have to get up and get myself plus 2 kids ready and out the door by 7am then I get hm roughly at 6pm and have to get the kids homework done, fed, bath and bed. I can not seem to find the right sch. for me to stick too. I wanna do it in the mornings but I just cant seem to make myself get up any earlier. Is there anyone who is fighting this battle....and if so have you found what works best for you?

Replies

• tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    I can't do early morning either as my sleep is way too precious :noway:
    I walk on my lunch hour and I designate one weeknight and one Saturday or Sunday per week to do strength training. I'm lucky in the my hubby takes the kids for the 45 minutes to an hour that I work out at home and handles the majority of the bedtime routine that evening. Good luck - I hope you find a suggestion that will help you out.
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    I have to be out my door by 6:15am. I get up at 4:50 and do the 30 Day shred (approx 26 min with warm up and cool down). I have to get my daughter up and drop her off, but luckily my mom keeps her, so I dont have to get her dressed or fed. My husband gets my boys off to school. Getting up at 4:50, I have time to eat, workout, shower and get myself ready and out the door way before 615. Luckily I dont work in a job where I have to look stunning so I dont have to put on makeup or anything.
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    I go to the gym at night and mornings on the weekends. My wife is very supportive of my weightloss. I work long hours sometimes and dont make to the gym I'll try excercising at home even if its 15 min. I especially watch my calorie count when I dont go. I hope This was helpful.
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    The ONLY way I can get it in is to do it first thing in the morning. I have to get up very early to make it happen, but it's really the only way. The days I work in the office, I drop the kids off as soon as daycare opens (I grab them from bed and take them in their jammies - day care changes, dresses them and helps brush teeth). Then I drive to the gym, workout, shower and go to work. There is no way I could ever get it in at night - by the time the kids go to bed, it's 8:30/9:00 and there is no way I'm working out at that time. Plus, I prefer to take advantage of the early metabolism burst the am workout brings!!! Every single day when my alarm goes off I hate getting up - this never gets easier. But I have my bags packed (mine and the kids) the night before. I just brush my teeth, throw on my workout clothes, throw my hair in a ponytail, grab the kids and take off. By the time I'm done brushing my teeth, I'm awake and glad I got up. Even when I work out at home, I have the most success when I wake before the kids and get it done. Otherwise, it's really really hard to get it done.
  • cryslynn1980
    cryslynn1980 Posts: 111 Member
    so I plan on getting up at 5 am instead of 6 am to get some exercise in. I Thank you all for your support and I know the only way is to just DO IT. I LOVE to sleep but I think I will LOVE feeling healthy better. I will keep ya'll posted ;0)
  • TattooedMommy427
    TattooedMommy427 Posts: 283 Member
    Good luck. Just go to bed a little earlier, that's what I do. :) My DH isn't thrilled that I'm ready for bed no later than 10pm, but he knows that it's important to me to get my sleep AND my exercise in.
This discussion has been closed.