New to the site

Options
Hi, my name is Kathy. I have a significant amount of weight to lose. I have lost 60 pounds in the past but gained back 50 of it. Starting today I am using this site at the encouragement of my family doctor. I am going to try to lose as much as I can until January. I plan on trying P90X at that time and going the 90 days. Wish me luck...

Replies

• aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • midmomike2
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You've come to the right place for encouragement and info. I had lost most of my weight before I found out about this site,but it has been so great to keep me on track with my goals. As far as P90X goes,lets see....IT IS AWESOME!!! I have been doing many things since completing P90X (weights,running,various training DVDs and programs),but I still come back to do certain parts of P90X.Best of luck to you!
  • ranree
    Options
    Good Luck to ya! I seem to start life changes and eventually look back and say "why didn't I continue, or finish that".
    I don't really decide to stop doing them, they just fade away. Probably due to hectic work schedule, family stuff, other excuses, etc so, problem is probably sticking to something/commitment rather than weight loss. We'll see I guess... If I can stay more interested in this site rather than Facebook I'm sure I'll be okay... LOL!
  • motoxmom1
    Options
    You'll love it! This site and the people using it are great! Good luck on your journey!
  • becky2time
    Options
    this is a great site to get started and stay motivated!!