Missed my work out!!

Options
I've been so good this past 3 weeks. We'll I might be one step backward today but I am still two steps forward with my progress. Just gotta kill it at the gym the rest of the week and my Friday rest day will now be a work out day. I am glad I am in the mindset now where I feel bad if I miss a work out! Pushing forward...

Replies

• lamps1303
    lamps1303 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm the same as you. I hate missing workouts and do everything I can to ensure I never do; I even sometimes arrange my social life around it. But no matter what you do there are life situations that mean you can't workout that day. Missing one workout is not going to screw your progress long term.

The fact you feel guilty missing a workout is definitely a good sign - when you make an effort to miss a workout, that's when you shoud be worried!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Call it a rest day and move on!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my rest days come closer together because of my schedule. It all evens out.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    it happens.

pick up an extra day- or shift your schedule one day- or just call it what it was and pick up where you left off the next time around.

it is what it is- life happens- you can't stay 100% on top of it ALL the time- it's just not realistic. You're fine- don't view it as a bad thing- just don't' skip the next one!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    You have a great attitude about it.... You are not beating yourself up, you are just rearranging your workout schedule.

GREAT JOB!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Too many times we hold ourselves to unrealistic standards which allow us to spiral out of control with every little setback. I myself missed my usual morning workout and am hoping to fit one in this afternoon. However, if I'm not able to, oh well. It's a rest day and I move on. I really admire your great attitude. Keep up the good work!
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I've been so good this past 3 weeks. We'll I might be one step backward today but I am still two steps forward with my progress. Just gotta kill it at the gym the rest of the week and my Friday rest day will now be a work out day. I am glad I am in the mindset now where I feel bad if I miss a work out! Pushing forward...

One day won't kill you. Let this be extra recovery time for you this week.
  • TFaustino67
    TFaustino67 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    won't be the last time; dust off and carry on - I'll see you at the gym
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i hate missing workouts, but it happens. and for me, it happens often. but i just work harder my next workout.

im never gonna be the guy who is at the gym 7 days a week, anyway, i take two rest days a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Life happens...but you need to realize that your health and fitness aren't predicated on missing a workout here and there...that **** happens...this is all about what you are doing most of the time. So long as you are being consistent most of the time, missing here and there isn't a big deal...just step back and look at the bigger picture.

I've missed the gym for two weeks straight now because I've been working a gazillion hours on a project at work...I got back in Tuesday and it's fine...two weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of what has been an otherwise two years of awesomeness.
  • mhlew
    mhlew Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Great advise all, thanks. I actually weighed 1/2 a pound less this morning LOL. I am looking forward to this weekends official weigh in. 3 weeks so far and 9 pounds down, hope I can crack 10+