Wii fitness games

Options
What are the best and most effective fitness games for the wii? I would really like to buy some fitness games soon! THANKS GUYS!

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit plus, and EA active. I like the active one better. :)
    I heard that redbox is now renting games so you may want to check some out before you purchase so that you can find one you like
    Good luck....
  • sjd2010
    sjd2010 Posts: 106
    Options
    Bump
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Here is my rating - on what I have:

Wii Fit Plus - GREAT for starting out. Started with Advanced Step. Now use it still for Free run, Free Step, Strength exercises and Boxing
    EA Sports Active 2 - just received and have done a few times. Different than Wii Fit Plus - a good workout!
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Good workout - I use the Total Body 1 and 2 mostly
    Biggest Loser for Wii - tried it out early on. I have a bad knee and there are some things that I can't or should not do. Good though
    Zumba for Wii - NEW - Kicks my "behind" AND I have done the DVD's and take a weekly class. GREAT burn! Surprised that I burn as much as in the 60 min live class!
  • chrystal86
    Options
    i done the wii fit and its a great work out i am interested in trying zumba it looks like alot of fun .
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I like some parts of the EA active plus workouts, like the step workout and the courses.

Just Dance and Just Dance 2 are good.

For boxing type workouts there is the Gold's Gym workout, it doesn't seem like a hard workout but you get a pretty good burn and your arms will be sore the next day.

I didn't find the wii fit plus really worked me out. It was more just like playing a game and my hrm didn't really register a big calorie burn, but better than nothing.

I sold the Jillian Micaels fitness ultimatum, it was too splotchy and I wasn't in the kind of shape to keep up with her, it was too up and down.
  • NewImprovedCnbethea1
    Options
    Here is my rating - on what I have:

Wii Fit Plus - GREAT for starting out. Started with Advanced Step. Now use it still for Free run, Free Step, Strength exercises and Boxing
    EA Sports Active 2 - just received and have done a few times. Different than Wii Fit Plus - a good workout!
    Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 - Good workout - I use the Total Body 1 and 2 mostly
    Biggest Loser for Wii - tried it out early on. I have a bad knee and there are some things that I can't or should not do. Good though
    Zumba for Wii - NEW - Kicks my "behind" AND I have done the DVD's and take a weekly class. GREAT burn! Surprised that I burn as much as in the 60 min live class!

That's because your not scared to cut loose in the privacy of your own home :-)

I agree with all of the above games they are great but zumba is by far my favorite!!

Oh and Just Dance is fun not as big of a burn but you do burn