Seriously...

Options
I had a cheeseburger friday night, I planned for it of course..it was my cheat for the week. Well, before I ate it that day, I weighed myself first thing in the morning and I was about 125. Today is Sunday and I am 127 lbs. :grumble: I think its impossible to gain 2-3 lbs from one burger?! Or any one bad meal period!? Can someone explain this to me please. Its very frustrating.

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I had a cheeseburger friday night, I planned for it of course..it was my cheat for the week. Well, before I ate it that day, I weighed myself first thing in the morning and I was about 125. Today is Sunday and I am 127 lbs. :grumble: I think its impossible to gain 2-3 lbs from one burger?! Or any one bad meal period!? Can someone explain this to me please. Its very frustrating.
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Yea I'd be interested in the answer too because I ate relatively healthy yesterday, didn't exercise as much as normal, thought I deserved a mini-break and I gained 2 pounds between yesterday and today as well.

It is so frustrating! :explode:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    loaded with sodium? Was it a fast food burger? I get really bloated if I eat fast food now, I'm sure the weight will go down again! Please don't weigh yourself everyday, weight is always fluctuating
  • sapphyre0702
    Options
    Weighing myself everyday keeps me accountable. I tried doing it every once and a while but it just got to be more depressing when a whole week went by and nothing happened or it went up. At least every day there are mini-victories and minor depressions. Lesser of the evils I suppose. :grumble:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Yeah i would have to agree it has got to be water weight. But I am certainly no expert. As far as weighing yourself everyday I do...but I don't know if it is a good idea, I really get discouraged if i stay the same for a couple of days or if God forbid I should gain even one pound!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Here, read this:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/bodyfat.htm

Here's all the factors of why the scale is on crack.:wink:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good article viviakay. Thanks. One thing I have to keep telling myself over and over is "patience." I'm trying really hard not to get down over any one scale reading and to just keep being patient and knowing it's a long process. It's almost like the weight loss is invisible and I can never see it happening on a daily basis which can be frustrating. Yet when I look back, I realize I'm continuing to lose little by little. Keep your chin up. You wouldn't gain two pounds from eating a cheeseburger that you allowed calories for even if it shows up temporarily on your scale because of high sodium.