Replies

• queencelina
    queencelina Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i feel like everyday is cheat day :( HAHA how sad for me
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Well, I usually have Friday as my only cheat day but since Thanksgiving I have let it become everyday. :sad:
  • macbikegeek
    macbikegeek Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Not too often, but sometimes I end up over my limit. The key is to make those exceptions and not to stress over them. They just have to not be a regular thing with any frequency. The key to long-term weight loss and maintenance is consistency over time and making permanent changes to how much we eat. A day here and there won't hurt if they really are not the norm and don't reassert cheating or going over as habit and long term behavior. Making the changes in weight permanent requires permanent behavior change, so as long as the normal is to stay in line with goals, it will be fine.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I take weekends off from exercise and strict calorie goals. Lately we haven't had the money to eat out so I've been staying pretty close to my goal even on my days off. But if I go over I don't worry about it.
  • nickeymhughes
    nickeymhughes Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Yes darn it!! I had one today, I hope I can aleast wait till next sat. I'm trying to allow myself one day a week!! My goal is to get rid of sugar all toeghter some day =)
  • EmmieSu
    EmmieSu Posts: 136
    Options
    I have one once a week or so. I've noticed if I wasn't losing any weight, and relaxed for a day, the following weigh in, I would lose weight, so I allow for those days. Today, was a cheat, so I'm going to workout a little longer tomorrow.
  • gtfosnorlax
    Options
    Thanks for the comforting comments.

It's so stressing because the last time I weighed myself I was actually gaining more weight. (I'm guessing its muscle).
    I haven't been able to go to the gym 'cause I've been busy, plus it's raining hard over here and I don't have my driver's license yet (lol). So these two days I ended up eating pretty much what I wanted with no exercise. I'm afraid that when Monday comes I'll be an extra 10 pounds or something... I feel like I won't ever lose weight anymore. :(
  • sugarbuzz74
    sugarbuzz74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I usually eat over my calorie goal on the weekends, but like others have said I view this process as overall behavior change so my cheats these days are rarely like in the pre-MFP days.
  • wardba4
    wardba4 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't call it cheating, if i want something i eat it. What is different since i joined MFP is that I will add time to a work out or go for a walk to burn off the calories of the extra treat I just have to have! I have also notice the amount of or size of the portion have also decreased.