Stress

WalkingGirl1985
WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
edited September 22 in Chit-Chat
What are some of the ways you do to relieve stress? Here are some of mine:

1) If it's a nice day I will put my headphones on to my MP3 and start walking for 2-3 hours. It works! (That's half of how i lost all my weight)
2) Take a warm bath, add bubbles if I can and gather my thoughts
3) Sometimes on my rest days when I'm not physically active, I'll lay in bed and watch a movie on my laptop or listen to music on my MP3.
4) Read a good book
5) Make up my own yoga/stretch moves with some relaxation music and try to keep a clear mind. If i really feel angry, sometimes ill do a workout video online..mostly kickboxing. That helps a lot too. Exercise and eating healthy always makes me feel better in general. :)

Replies

• ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    I journal my thoughts and feelings so I can look back on days in the past
    I walk
    I shower
    I imagine a big bucket of molasses being poured over my head and taking all the tension in my body with it into the center of the earth
    I do yoga
    Deep breathing
    Bake
    Smile;)
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    OH YEAH!! I DANCE!! A lot!! Every day!!
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    It's tough with 2 girls under 2.5 years old to do many relaxing things. They have a tendency of interfering. :P So it's more so a view I take. I instead of focusing on not being able to relax, focus on the funny things my girls (and hubby) do that bring me joy. I have been very careful to stress to my girls that when I'm reading my Bible and praying in the morning, that they need to play on their own and that's worked really well. If I start my day that way, things always go a lot better!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    bump for later:wink:
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,033 Member
    I go for a walk
    go in the hot tub
    read a good book
    watch a good movie
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
    Run, kickboxing, read, randomly search the web for interesting blogs/etc, or call up a friend and VENT!
    :)
This discussion has been closed.