Fighting Shape

Options
Ok I don't want to actually do any MMA or boxing, but I want to be in that shape. Any suggestions on exercise that will get you into fighting shape i.e. lean muscle, explosiveness, flexibility etc?

Replies

• maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    there are lot of similar type workout dvds ... les mills combat, tapout xt, tae bo, chalean extreme, insanity and of course include some weights in there too.

of course your eating habits / calorie intake would be a big factor
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Diet is going to be the main thing. You have to eat for your goals.

For the exercise: boxing, weights, HIIT, yoga (for flexibility) and Cage Fitness (I LOVED doing this, don't worry, you don't actually fight in it) are a few more options.
  • MeLanceUppercut
    MeLanceUppercut Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to check it out!
  • hardyh
    hardyh Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I live in Thailand and train (though no longer fight) MMA. I'd definitely take a look at Tapout and even P90x, but there is no substitute for getting involved - it's more fun too, you don't have to fight :)
  • MeLanceUppercut
    Options
    I live in Thailand and train (though no longer fight) MMA. I'd definitely take a look at Tapout and even P90x, but there is no substitute for getting involved - it's more fun too, you don't have to fight :)

I would LOVE to fight actually. But I'm so weak and out of shape lol.
  • walleyetracker
    walleyetracker Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try Roushfit from GSP(George St. Pierre) Really top notch program that will get you into shape fast. In 3 months I have lost 35 lbs, my endurance and strenght had increased exponentialy. Its a 6 DVD set with various bodyweight and dumbell excersises that works on every possible muscle in your body. It is very much core oriented. Google their website. Should be able to purchase for less then $90. It is cheap, don't need any more then a few dumbells 35 minutes with warm up and don't need a lot of space. If you are not an Insanity, T25 kind of guy or girl, this will work for you as it creates much less impact on your feet and legs. It is a HIIT type program that will kick the s...t out of you.
  • MeLanceUppercut
    Options
    Try Roushfit from GSP(George St. Pierre) Really top notch program that will get you into shape fast. In 3 months I have lost 35 lbs, my endurance and strenght had increased exponentialy. Its a 6 DVD set with various bodyweight and dumbell excersises that works on every possible muscle in your body. It is very much core oriented. Google their website. Should be able to purchase for less then $90. It is cheap, don't need any more then a few dumbells 35 minutes with warm up and don't need a lot of space. If you are not an Insanity, T25 kind of guy or girl, this will work for you as it creates much less impact on your feet and legs. It is a HIIT type program that will kick the s...t out of you.

Thats what I need. I need a goo butt kicking and I love GSP