Protein make you feel heavier?

Options
I recently (finally) bought a food scale, have been weighing and measuring everything that goes in my mouth. The sense of control is awesome, and I set my calorie goal to 1600 but most days only eat 1400-1500 ...... mostly because I've been shooting for 128 grams of protein a day and it fills me up so much that it's hard to even eat 1400.

My question is... I know I burn more than 1400 a day (22 yr old female, 5'5", work out at least 6 days a week lifting heavy and cardio)...... but I feel so much heavier! I haven't weighed myself, but seriously I feel so heavy. Maybe this is temporary? Or does protein and being full just make you feel like this?!

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,500 Member
    Options
    I eat a minimum of 125g protein daily, on a 1352 cal setting (I custom set my macros, hence the weird number). I've found it makes me feel full, but not heavy, and I am losing steadily. Now, I am obese and you don't seem to be, but protein (or anything) will not make you heavier if you are in a calorie deficit. Make sure you are getting enough fat too.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I would suggest weighing yourself, it could all just be in your head.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    feeling bloated, yes, feeling fat, yes, but i have no idea what feeling heavy is!

your calories are very low for your stats and the amount of exercise you do.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think I'm just not used to eating this much protein so I'm not used to feeling this full and satisfied! I was planning to weigh in on Friday and I guess I'll see then