Jillian Michaels: Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism V's No more t

Kate_UK
Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm 2/3 of the way through JM's 30 day shred and loving it! I'm looking to get some more of her DVD's to do starting in January. If you have done both of these what are the differences? Which did you prefer? Which is most like 30DS? I'll probably get both eventually but wondered what everyones thoughts were.

Replies

• ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Well, they're both much longer than the shred. Banish Fat is all cardio. It burns a lot more calories, according to my HRM. Banish Fat burns about 500-ish, and NMTZ burns 350 or so. That being said, I prefer NMTZ. It's all strength training, and I am getting some nice bicep muscles from using it! I prefer it to Banish Fat, probably because I do c25k 3 days a week and need some strength training the other 3. They are both hard work outs, and both are circuit training just like the shred, but neither is more like it than the other, as Banish Fat is all cardio, with no weights, and NMTZ is all strength, with an almost constant use of weights. You do abs in both videos, but not like in the shred. You never go from strength to cardio to abs. You'll do like one circuit of abs or plank work, and then back up and on to other things. They're both good work outs, but I think you'd have to try them both before you could decide which you like best. It also depends what you're wanting. If you want to burn lots of calories, then use Banish Fat. If you want to really tone up, use NMTZ. I think alternating between the two would be good, but it would probably get really boring.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    To go off what ickybella wrote, I alternated between the two because they're both different and target different area as she stated. By way longer, they're 40 mins as opposed to 20 mins, but well worth the extra time.
  • I have the Banish Fat one and I love it for the calorie burn. There are a few moves from the 30Day Shred that she uses in it. I also bought her new Shred it with Weights, but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I bought it because it looks more like the original Shred. It's 2 30 minute workouts. I think you are suppose to use bigger weights then the Shred. I'm going to try it soon, but it may be something you want to look into.
This discussion has been closed.