does exercise really make you eat more?

I have been going to gym for 2 months and I can say I eat a lot more than usual. Luckily I burn them. But Does this happen to you too?
And I also want to ask, will I be this hungr if I stop working out? If so, how can I decrease my appetite again and how long will it take?

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Yes working out tends to make most of us hungry.

Hunger is down to nutrition, though. Ever have those days where you eat a lot of junk food, but you're still hungry? That's because your body is hungry on a nutritional basis and you're not feeding it the nutrients it needs. Eat the right things, and enough of it, and you'll control your appetite.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    The body is like a combustion engine, to make it move faster and faster you have to put more fuel into it.
    When you are not exercising you wont need the extra fuel to keep it going.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Ummm..of course, more activity is going to lead to your body wanting more energy (i.e. calories...i.e. food). You're expending energy...thus, your body would want to re-coupe that energy (i.e. calories...i.e. food)

Just net to your goal and you'll be fine...that's the way this tool is designed..just be conservative in your burn estimates.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Similar to another poster above me, my first thought about the OP was "why are you thinking about stopping the workouts?" If the answer is to decrease your appetite and eat less, um...ok. But like others have already said, working out is so much better for your overall health. I know that creating my exercise habit has done the most good for me. Plus, if your goal is to lose weight, the right exercises help sculpt the body you want.