Looking for friends who have a lot to lose

Options
I've been on MFP for a while now but always welcome new friends to keep me motivated. I know the term "a lot to lose" is all relative to each person's situation but I have over 200 lbs to lose which is an extremely daunting task!

Right now I'm trying to stay under 1800 calories and under 150 carbs but it's a challenge. The calories aren't the problem but I'm a carb lover, fruit and chocolate! I'm not exercising much now due to bad knee arthritis but am hoping that gets better as the weight comes off.

Please say hi if you get the chance and I'd love to hear any tips, motivation or humorous anecdotes you may have!

Replies

• joycepenman
    joycepenman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    hi i have recently joing mfp needing to lose weight for health reasons
    i have asthma and underactive thyroid so been told to lose
    i am cutting out a lot of sugary things and cutting out a lot of things like biscuits ect
    which i have a very sweet tooth for
    would like to add you as a friend and we can keep each other motivated
  • jtitus2014
    jtitus2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am having to lose 155 lbs to get to my target weight of 125. I am doing small goals of 25 lbs until I reach my goal. The most important thing to remember that this is a lifestyle change and that is what I keep telling myself. I hope your knee gets better as well. Add me if you would like!
  • Tamarah_Jean
    Tamarah_Jean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to lose over a hundred so I understand how daunting that sounds. For anyone that needs to lose weight I think the hardest part is getting started and then sticking with it. Cheers to us that are on here and want to improve our health and our lives.:smile:
  • ccassityii
    ccassityii Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I got 130 to lose, I also have hypothyroidism and bad knees, figure it has to do with my weight, or that I was bow legged when I was born, don't know really but they have always been a problem. I go bike riding easier on my joints. I usually do it around 7 when it isn't so hot. Get fresh air and a work out all at once. Seems to be working because I have lost 13 lbs and can feel muscle in my legs etc. I ran into someone last night who said he had lost 60 just from riding so that gives me even more hope.
  • JennaLouBoo
    Options
    Hi there.
    I have been on MFP for quite some time, but as of recently I started to take this lifestyle change more seriously in fear my health problems only would get worse if I continued to live the way I was.
    In the beginning, I did the unthinkable and cut out all carbonated drinks - as of today I only drink water and its the only beverage i crave.
    I range between 1300-1600 calories a day of meals, and as I've never been a true veggie lover - I began to find lovely ways to make veggies edible and taste good.
    With a muscular condition, I have to be very careful - however lately I've been able to do an hour work out every other day.
    I'm currently 44 lbs down with still a good amount to lose.
    You are more than welcome to add me (:
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello! :)
    Since I'm kind of short I eat 1200cal a day and I have lost about 45lbs and have 60 to go.
  • Carli38
    Carli38 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I was on MFP for 4 months last time and I lost 85 lbs but then I got pregnant with my 2nd child and gained 60 lbs back, I have 122 lbs to lose, and I am also a carb lover.
    I keep my calories under 1500 per day, and if you want you are welcome to add me too, It would be nice to have more friends on here and hopefully we can keep each other motivated!!
  • clathrop17
    clathrop17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    You should look into a low carb diet/ ketogenic diet to really jump start your weight loss journey. I'm not going to lie- it sucks. But it works.

150 is a low carb diet. <20g is a ketogenic diet. When you stay under 20g of carbs your body relies on fat for energy and produces ketone bodies as a by product. I lost 30 lbs fairly quickly on this diet.

Just some food for thought (hehehe)
    Christina
  • LadyNiteOwl
    LadyNiteOwl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi grnice, I have 145# to lose. I am newly diabetic. Maybe we can motivate and support each other. Please add me to you mfp friends :)
  • JennyLorene90
    Options
    Hey,
    I know the struggle i am so over weight and i just joined MyFitnessPal Today and I need motivation as well.
    I thought of going to gyms and getting a personal trainer but that cost 100's of dollars and don't have the money i mean who does?
    Well my friend was in the same situation i was a year ago and now she is skinny and wear a size 2 and she was a size 22. She has given me some tips and i will try and pass them on to you.
    For one if you love Mayonnaise there is a Canola Cholesterol Free Mayo you can get from Wal-Mart and it is super more healthier than going and getting the real deal and the good thing is it taste like Real Mayo.
    if you are craving chocolate eat skinny cow stuff cause they are much better than real chocolate. Yogurt covered stuff is better then Chocolate covered things specially if you have a sweet tooth.
    Get everything low in fat and try and stay away from trans-fats and WATCH the SODIUM in your foods. Sodium is salt and salt obtains water. Eat alot of greens not only are they healthy but they help you stay fuller longer. Eat plenty of fruit and stay away from Bananas they are not good to eat while on a diet. Make sure when you exercise you keep your heart beat faster than usual. This way you will lose weight faster. There is a Youtube Video Called Walk Away The Pounds and you can do in your own home and it can burn up to 500- 700 calories. Great huh? Try walking for 45 Mins always change up your workout routine once your body gets used to the same workout all the time you will no longer get the same effect change it up so you will always have results. :) Use Almond Peanut Butter it is a much better choice than Regular butter. Use Canola Oil Butter then Regular butter. Always read what you're buying before you buy it! I hope this has helped you.
  • nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I still have alot to lose as well, I also suffer from disabilities but i can at least walk to exercise, I am on daily and a great supporter so anyone can feel to add me....its a journey we are in together!

Nancy
  • monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Monica and have a goal to lose 155 lbs. I am about 1 pound from being at 90lbs lost! It's very exciting but I still need to be motivated at times. At that point, I'll be 65 lbs away from my goal. I started at 330 lbs and my goal weight is 175, the smallest I've ever been in my adult years. I can barely remember my weight in my teens lol. I'm pretty sure I was in the 180-220 range. Past that point, the smallest I would go is 10 lbs more. It's funny how tough it is in the beginning, but how once you're nearing the end, it still is just as tough. Feel free to add me and help hold me accountable to logging in my food and keeping you all updated on my journey. This is a long, tough journey. It's so nice to know that there are others who empathize and can be there for you. LET'S DO THIS!

P.S. I'm an open book so ask me anything!!!!!!
  • takethatTM
    takethatTM Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have about 100# to lose and would love more input. I've been here 16 days straight now, and it seems to make a big difference. I'm doing South Beach, and I'm all about balanced carbs. Whole grains, lots of fiber, and a little dark chocolate.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    fastfoodietofitcutie Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I appreciate the tips and support!
  • Tamarah_Jean
    Tamarah_Jean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are inspiring.
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there :) I am with you... I still have close to 200lbs to lose. Feel free to add me :)

If you are having trouble exercising because of your knee...try water aerobics. It is not hard on you at all but it still gives you a form of exercise. And I am figuring out..I am giving myself small goals, like in 25lb increments because ..thinking of losing 200+ lbs..is so depressing..

You can do this..lots of great people and support on here!