Options
allanakern
allanakern Posts: 245 Member
Open to all and any suggestions. Love pumpkin

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Sooooooo good. Hope you like this.. Pumpkin Oatmeal. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-oatmeal/

Nutrition

Calories229 kcal
    11%Carbohydrates38.7 g
    12%Cholesterol7 mg
    2%Fat4.7 g
    7%Fiber6.8 g
    27%Protein9.4 g
    19%Sodium43 mg
    2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.See More

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 2 servingsChange Servings
    1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    3/4 cup milk, or as needed
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
    Check All Add to Shopping List
    PREP
    5 mins
    COOK
    3 mins
    READY IN
    8 mins Directions
    Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Add more milk or oats to achieve the desired consistency, and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon sugar. Heat through, and serve.
  • allanakern
    Options

How are these only 100 calories each?! awesome
  • allanakern
    Options
    Sooooooo good. Hope you like this.. Pumpkin Oatmeal. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pumpkin-oatmeal/

Nutrition

Calories229 kcal
    11%Carbohydrates38.7 g
    12%Cholesterol7 mg
    2%Fat4.7 g
    7%Fiber6.8 g
    27%Protein9.4 g
    19%Sodium43 mg
    2%* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.See More

Ingredients

Original recipe makes 2 servingsChange Servings
    1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
    3/4 cup milk, or as needed
    1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
    1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
    1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
    Check All Add to Shopping List
    PREP
    5 mins
    COOK
    3 mins
    READY IN
    8 mins Directions
    Mix together oats and milk in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once. Add more milk or oats to achieve the desired consistency, and cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon sugar. Heat through, and serve.

YUM that sounds awesome
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    bump
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I make a variation of these (this link was the closest version to the recipe I use at home): http://www.grassfedmama.com/2013/11/18/pumpkin-applesauce-low-fat-low-sugar-muffins-trim-healthy-mama-e/

Except I don't use protein powder (but now I might have to try that), I use whole wheat flour, way more cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice, and dust with powdered sugar when they come out. I also don't use a full 1/2c of sweetener, I think last time I made them I used 1/4c sugar for the whole batch. Macros will vary depending on which variation you make, but the last batch I made was ~82cals a muffin IIRC.

I also have a recipe for pumpkin pie bourbon milkshakes... but they're not low cal :wink:
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    In for all of the pumpkin--yumminess.
  • kristinlynnlopez
    Options
    Good morning, I take regular canned pumpkin and make a pumpkin custard out of it by following the directions on the can. I omit the crust all together and replace the condensed milk with fat free, use egg substitute, and any kind of sugar substitute you choose. It makes it low cal, low fat and my kids/grand kids love it! I serve it as a vegetable or a dessert. I also make pumpkin bread gluten free. If you would like that recipe, let me know :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Okay - no actual pumpkin in this...but Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai is yummy.

Pumpkin butter..........mmmm

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/pumpkin-butter.html
  • allanakern
    Options
    Good morning, I take regular canned pumpkin and make a pumpkin custard out of it by following the directions on the can. I omit the crust all together and replace the condensed milk with fat free, use egg substitute, and any kind of sugar substitute you choose. It makes it low cal, low fat and my kids/grand kids love it! I serve it as a vegetable or a dessert. I also make pumpkin bread gluten free. If you would like that recipe, let me know :)

i'll take that recipe!
  • babydaisy81
    babydaisy81 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm in on this, I love pumpkin!
  • iasue
    iasue Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I made these not too long ago and they were delicious! Pumpkin Brownies http://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2013/10/two-ingredient-easy-pumpkin-brownies.html

I haven't made this yet, but I am going to try making pumpkin muffins using the same recipe that I use for my Oatmeal greek yogurt muffins. So far I've made blueberry and chocolate chips ones and they taste fantastic. I will find the recipe and share it later.

Here are a bunch of pumpkin recipes from Skinny Taste. Most of the stuff I have made on this website has been fantastic.
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/10/50-pumpkin-recipes.html
  • allanakern
    Options
    my husband will learn to like pumpkin! he will have to because I'm going on a pumpkin ingredient shopping spree after work
  • fitchickarw
    fitchickarw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Shake

2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use VISI - all natural with no soy, lactose, GMOs, or artificial sweeteners)
    10-12oz unsweetened almond milk
    1/4C pumpkin (non-sweetened) - I prefer the organic canned pumpkin
    1t pumpkin pie spice
    1t cinnamon
    1/2 banana
    ice
    blend

(I ALWAYS use about 1T of cinnamon)

Hmmmm..... thinking I may have to make one tonight! :D
  • fitchickarw
    fitchickarw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh... if you're looking for an all natural shake mix, I LOVE the Visi Shake. http://transformationu.govisi.com :)
  • misshaylynn
    misshaylynn Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • allanakern
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Shake

2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I use VISI - all natural with no soy, lactose, GMOs, or artificial sweeteners)
    10-12oz unsweetened almond milk
    1/4C pumpkin (non-sweetened) - I prefer the organic canned pumpkin
    1t pumpkin pie spice
    1t cinnamon
    1/2 banana
    ice
    blend

(I ALWAYS use about 1T of cinnamon)

Hmmmm..... thinking I may have to make one tonight! :D

that sounds great and I have all those ingredients at home!
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Equal parts canned pumpkin and nonfat plain greek yogurt.
    Add cinnamon and your sweetener of choice (I like stevia) to taste.

I ate it plain with a spoon like pudding, but I think it would go great over some granola or as a dip for apples/banana slices~
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Tis the season!
  • ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Any savory, not sweet recipes? I saw once for a tomato-pumpkin bisque that I adapted to make tomato-sweet potato soup, but I haven't actually tried it with pumpkin. May have to -- I have a giant can I need to use.

And believe it or not, the tomato-sweet potato soup IS a hit at potlucks. Tastes better than it might sound. The sweet potato is just sweet enough to take the place of the sugar you usually have to add to tomato soup. I also add red lentils sometimes.