Can I lose belly fat AND build a butt in 4-5 weeks

Options
Hey everyone

Here is the situation: belly fatwith 3+ layers- Michelin style FTW

Bum is not flat completely, but it's not nice either. Like you don't see that curve sideways... Shape is not round. Want it to be a lil bigger or at least toned and round

Is it possible to lose body fat yet build a bigger bum in just 4-5 weeks? How ? Please tell me what kind of exercises I need to d because I tried the cardio / strength training combo + eating clean for MONTHS and saw no results :( I don't know what I'm doing wrong I am so discouraged at this point

PS I am 5'8.5 , 148 pounds

Replies

• shantizzlerose
    shantizzlerose Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Lift HEAVY to build a bum.
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Resistance training while eating at a calorie deficit should help you lose fat and not lose too much muscle. Unfortunately you can't choose where you lose the fat or the muscle. I'm pretty sure its impossible to lose fat in your stomach while you build muscle in your butt.

Perhaps focus on the fat loss first, then switch and try to build up the muscle after?
  • somwonsomwer
    Options
    @ RileyLeigh Quote [I'm pretty sure its impossible to lose fat in your stomach while you build muscle in your butt.]

just curious, why is that ? Like is the body incapable of losing fat and building muscle simultaneously ?
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    @ RileyLeigh Quote [I'm pretty sure its impossible to lose fat in your stomach while you build muscle in your butt.]

just curious, why is that ? Like is the body incapable of losing fat and building muscle simultaneously ?

Think of it this way. When youre eating a deficit, your body is struggling to maintain its current muscle and using fat as energy. It's not going to have energy to build anything with less energy. It's why people go through bulk and cut cycles. Calorie surplus is energy surplus, where muscle building is ideal. There are I believe CNS adaptations that cause minor muscle growth to those who are new to strength training but it is minor at best and ends quickly.
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    4-5 WEEKS?!?

ummm-no.gif
  • somwonsomwer
    Options
    4-5 WEEKS?!?

ummm-no.gif

*cries*
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    4-5 WEEKS?!?

ummm-no.gif

THIS
  • somwonsomwer
    Options

Think of it this way. When youre eating a deficit, your body is struggling to maintain its current muscle and using fat as energy. It's not going to have energy to build anything with less energy. It's why people go through bulk and cut cycles. Calorie surplus is energy surplus, where muscle building is ideal. There are I believe CNS adaptations that cause minor muscle growth to those who are new to strength training but it is minor at best and ends quickly.

so this means I'm outta luck

hmm I guess I should start by starving myself to lose the extra fat .. but damn ..I've been dieting since 3 - 4 months. Literally eat nothing but unprocessed foods, veggies, lean proteins no starches, no sugar etc etc and I work out every day or at least 4 days a week and STILL NO RESULTS. FML
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

so this means I'm outta luck

hmm I guess I should start by starving myself to lose the extra fat .. but damn ..I've been dieting since 3 - 4 months. Literally eat nothing but unprocessed foods, veggies, lean proteins no starches, no sugar etc etc and I work out every day or at least 4 days a week and STILL NO RESULTS. FML

Uuuuum. No.

That's a great way to damage your body and get skinny fat though. Fueling your body properly is VERY important to getting lean and being healthy. You're doing yourself no favors by starving yourself.

ETA: If you want to get "toned" whatever that means. Lift heavy. Eat about 1g per pound of lean body mass in protein. Fuel yourself. Eat at a non aggressive deficit.. Take it slow, learn sustainable habits. Balance your macro and micros and fit things in you enjoy. This will ensure you retain your current muscle and look leaner at goal. Know that this is a game of patience, hands down. It's not going to happen over night, thinking this way leads to failure.

Muscle building is difficult, even in a calorie surplus. It takes time. But anything worth it does.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely do those things...just not in 4-5 weeks. No way. :noway:
  • rileyleigh
    rileyleigh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't starve yourself.... You can eat 100% "healthy" foods and still not lose weight if you are eating too many of them.

If you not losing wieght, you probably need to look at what you are eating. How many calories are you tying to eat per day? Are you actually counting calories? How do you log your foods? If you are not getting the results you want, you really should start off by using a food scale to weigh your food and log your food in grams/oz. Guesing portion size can result in hundreds of unexpected calories, and that will definitely kill your weight loss.

A popular trend here is to not focus so much on what you eat, but how much you eat. That should help you lose the weight, especially if you are working out too. Then once you shed a few pounds, you can work on building up the muscle.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    No....no you can't..not in 4-5 weeks...you're making my FLMAO over here...

body comp work is detail work...it doesn't take weeks...it takes months and years.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    NO
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    You can't choose a spot to lose fat. All of those commercials that tell you to try their product to lose "belly fat" are selling a lie. Your body chooses where you will lose or gain fat first and last. The best you can do is eat at a deficit to lose fat and see where you lose it.

To build muscle in your backside, focus on strength exercises for that area. If you search Youtube I'm sure you'll find lots of videos with moves to help you do just that.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you look at it. Can you lose some belly fat in a month? Sure. Can you make your butt look better in a month? Sure. Can you do both at once? Sure. Be reasonable about your expectations though. They can improve, but it won't be some miraculous, swift process.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    research bulk and cut... if you want an insta-butt...there are pads for that :noway:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • Fat2Fit_imready
    Fat2Fit_imready Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    4-5 WEEKS?!?

ummm-no.gif

THIS

agree!
  • ttcbelieve