Running Shoe Recommendations!

Options
Hey everyone!

I've been running for a little while now (six months or so), and alternate between running outdoors on trails and on a treadmill. I presently only have one pair of Nike Flex Experience Run 3, and I love them. However, I've heard that you should have a separate pair for indoors/outdoors. Even if that's not the case, I would like a second pair regardless.

SO, what sneakers would you recommend for indoor/outdoor running? Thanks~! :)

Replies

• mehrunisan
    mehrunisan Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    just got my new asics and theyre the best thing that ever happened to me! i don't exactly remember their model name/number. will tell you tomorrow!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that everyone's feet are different. The shoes that are perfect for me aren't necessarily going to be good for you. I'd suggest going to a running store (not a regular shoe store) and have them help you find the right pair for you.
  • FireStorm1972
    FireStorm1972 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I'm running in Brooks Ravenna 5's. Nice bright red ones LOL. I use them on both treadmil and road. Seem to be holding out well. Extremely light and well vented,very cushiny. I wanted Ravenna 4'scause of the electric blue color but picked these up. A little pricey $180CDN . Got them at The Running Room. They put me on a treadmil and made me run abit to look at my gate for pronation/suplination then guided me to the best shoes for me. Deffiity go to a running store , not just a sports store. where they'll fit you. No use spending a couple hundred on a shoe you won't wear.
  • JeralynSh
    JeralynSh Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just got a new pair on Sunday! New Balance revlite 870: http://www.newbalance.com/pd/new-balance-870v3/W870-V3.html#color=Silver_with_Diva Pink_and_Purple

I LOVE them!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    If the NIkes that you've got are working why not just get a 2nd pair?

When you say trails do you mean actual trails (dirt, tree roots, rocks etc etc) then you might want to consider a pair of trail running shoes, they typically have a more aggressive tread to deal with rugged terrain. If the trails you refer to are more like bike paths/recreation paths stick with idea #1.

Have fun!
  • afiallo
    afiallo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A while back I was told by my running coach that shoes should be changed approximately every 600 miles due to they loose their support. I recommend you visit a store that specializes in running. They will help you choose what is right for your stride/fashion. :wink:
  • yc4king
    yc4king Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Brooks Ghost 6 and they are the most comfortable shoes i've ever had. Would definitely recommend.
  • itzjulz
    itzjulz Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Brooks PureFlow 2s and PureCadence 2s. They're last year's models but that means they are also on super clearance. I am tempted to buy another pair or two while they are so cheap to stash in my closet until my current pairs wear out.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/brooks+pureflow+2+lightweight+running+shoe+-+womens?prodId=295799&activeCats=dsw12cat1740006,dsw12cat1740058

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/brooks+purecadence+2+lightweight+running+shoe+-+womens?prodId=295703&category=dsw12cat1740058&activeCats=dsw12cat1740006,dsw12cat1740058
  • anglergirl3
    anglergirl3 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    First thing is like everyone said... go to a running store with a treadmill to identify whether you need an over or under-pronation shoe, or a neutral shoe is for you. A big ASICS Kayano fan for many years, this year I changed to the ASICS GT2000 2 Lite Show. Big mistake! ASICS changed their technology/materials and I acquired contract dermatitis, which is an allergic reaction to the shoes. I can't wear them anymore. Now I'm in a pair of Brooks Adrenaline. Not my coveted ASICS, but they are getting the job done. I highly recommend you read up on the reviews on asicsamerica.com or any of the other manufacturer sites you are considering before going to the shoe store. Make sure you know the pros and cons. Don't do what I did.
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the recommendations and advice! I'll take that advice and go in to a running store and find out what works for my feet. :)
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Personally, I love my Fila running shoes. I'm not "married" to any certain brand, but I'm not one to spend a lot of money on them (yet). I got them at Kohl's for $8 as they were both on sale and I had Kohl's cash. :laugh:
  • limecrush
    limecrush Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    The best shoes I've ever had for running and walking are Skechers GoRun Ride 2. I've had lots of different brands, from expensive to cheap and those are my favorites. I love the Midfoot strike they have. I also have a pair of GoWalks but don't like them quite as much.
  • adge1475
    adge1475 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Brooks! Brooks forever! My favorites are the Brooks Ghost. I'm a 4-year runner with wide feet and fallen arches - these are the best for me. A close second is the Saucony Ride.
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair last month. They are Nike Initiator. Mine is in white and pink. I'm going to need to get another pair soon to alternate. Apparently you have to get new shoes every 350 miles. I will need a new pair before October.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that everyone's feet are different. The shoes that are perfect for me aren't necessarily going to be good for you. I'd suggest going to a running store (not a regular shoe store) and have them help you find the right pair for you.
    this and only this.

go get fitted properly.
    whatever fits you the best is what I recommend.

I could recommend what I wear, but it'd be useless unless you have weird feet and need motion control shoes.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I sell trail running shoes for a living and I highly recommend that you go and get fitted. I buy La Sportiva, Scarpa & Salewa for our shop, but you'll need to go to a good store to try them on and see what works best for you.

Enjoy the trails!