Forgot to hit "Complete Entry" Lost # of Day Streak

Damn... I am back at day 2 on my Day Streak counter because I simply forgot to hit the "Complete Entry" button though I had logged all of my food. I was in the 100s. Those number of days can be motivating. They need to let you go back and click "Complete Entry" if you forget.

Replies

• shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    I almost never hit complete entry and I have my streak going.

Check out the stickies in the useful info section at the bottom of the boards. There's something about getting it reset somewhere in there.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member

Check out the stickies in the useful info section at the bottom of the boards. There's something about getting it reset somewhere in there.

Same here, and I prefer not completing days. Mostly because it's annoying when it tells me "keep eating like this and you'll weigh x by this date!" Considering I'm not aiming to lose weight as fast as possible and am trying to preserve as much muscle as possible until I can start bulking next year, I know that scale weight isn't always giving me as accurate an image of my progress as I'd like it to.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    You don't have to hit complete to keep a streak going. Mine is over 200 days and maybe 40 of those days did I ever hit complete.
  • shutch2112
    shutch2112 Posts: 236 Member
    Yeah, it's not about completing diary entries, it's whether you logged into MFP that day. I feel you though... I don't have a way to log on during the weekend, so I'm constantly starting at Day 1 Streak on Mondays... :(
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 86 Member
    You don't have to hit complete to keep a streak going. Mine is over 200 days and maybe 40 of those days did I ever hit complete.

same here
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    there is a thread in the help section that you can use to request a reset of your counter to what you were before you lost it.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    All you need to do is log on and the streak continues. Completing the entry does not matter.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    You must have not logged in for 24 hours at some point. Not completing your diary has nothing to do with the days logged in. There are people who log in daily and never even log their food who haven't lost a streak. You can message an admin and have your streak number reset.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    I can't tell you the last time I "completed an entry," but I have a 660 day streak going at the moment.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member

^absolutely this. I did lose it once, but am proud of my huge streak thus far!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    The streak isn't related to the "complete entry" button. It's just a glitch on MFP. You can message the tech guy... I forget his name at the moment. He can reset it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    The "streak" is counted by logging in, not the diary entry.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    You can reset it yourself but you'll lose one day because it isn't smart enough to count today as one of your logging days.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/94191-my-login-days-in-a-row-counter-is-incorrect-how-do-i-fix-this-

It is smart enough to know if you try to enter more days than your account has been active though.
  • MsSleeth
    MsSleeth Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks everyone! Doing a search did produce the link to reset days, and I was successfully able to do so.

I have not missed a single day of entering foods since I started in the spring. The only thing I did different two nights ago was not hit the Complete Entry button. This same thing happened to me last year after 200 days and my counter restarted... I thought that was normal.

Now I just need to figure out why no one else has to hit the Complete Entry button.
  • Joanjett88
    Joanjett88 Posts: 87 Member
    Thanks for the link!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    If you were on your cell phone and weren't connected to wifi or didn't have a signal, it would save the data locally but it wouldn't register the fact that you were online which will interrupt your streak. That's happened to me before. I KNEW I'd been online but I had no wifi signal. Oops.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    You must have not logged in for 24 hours at some point. Not completing your diary has nothing to do with the days logged in. There are people who log in daily and never even log their food who haven't lost a streak. You can message an admin and have your streak number reset.
    I think it is tied to your time zone, not 24 hours. So if you don't log in before midnight, you lose the streak.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Thanks everyone! Doing a search did produce the link to reset days, and I was successfully able to do so.

I have not missed a single day of entering foods since I started in the spring. The only thing I did different two nights ago was not hit the Complete Entry button. This same thing happened to me last year after 200 days and my counter restarted... I thought that was normal.

Now I just need to figure out why no one else has to hit the Complete Entry button.

If you're using the phone app it is possible that it just didn't sync and recognize that you did log in. You don't have to complete your diary.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    All you need to do is log on and the streak continues. Completing the entry does not matter.

This. I almost never hit the complete button. If you prelogged your food for the day and then didn't log back on within a 24 hour period, you would lose your streak.
  • MsSleeth
    MsSleeth Posts: 15 Member
    I primarily use an iPad with the app, and definitely have been logging food throughout every day. I've lost my weight through calorie counting, and when you eat only 1200 - 1400/day, you need the log to let you know how much and what types of foods you have left to eat for dinner.

Funny thing is that I don't recall not hitting the Complete log button.
    So maybe it was a glitch that reset my days.

Thanks again everyone.