How did you celebrate turning 40????

2»

Replies

• DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    My 40th birthday was my best ever. I remember my ex-husband surprised me with a red Z28 Camero in the garage. Then the following Saturday I had a surprise birthday party where everyone wore black and they had a male stripper. That was a fun birthday. I turn 60 in October and celebrating with my husband who is also turning 60 in early November. We will be going on a cruise in a month with about 100 people. I'm counting that as my celebration. Happy 40th birthday!

Wow!! I would love to have that waiting in my garage on my birthday.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    I took a "me" day...facial,massage,pedi. Had one of those sex toy parties at my house with a bunch of my girlfriends and drank lots of wine! :)

Hmmm.... I kinda like this one:wink:
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Threw a huge BBQ at my house for family and friends (about 80 people) Had 4 BBQs going.

Was a blast. I also surprised my wife with a 2 carat Tennis bracelet. Totally caught her off guard. She said, "What are you doing? It's YOUR birthday!"

I said " That's right and on my birthday I can do what I want.

Just had my 60th two weeks ago. It was a little smaller (about 40 people) but just as much fun. I took my wife to Vegas the next weekend. Cuz I do what I want on my birthday.
  • cad39too
    cad39too Posts: 874 Member
    Vegas!!!!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    I am really good at celebrating my birthday! Here is what I did for my 40th:

Morning: Massage, facial, manicure and pedicure
    Afternoon: Lunch with friends and some shopping
    Evening: Dinner and drinks with friends, followed by private striptease lessons at a local dance studio with my girlfriends

All of us were afraid to take the striptease class so had a few drinks before hand. I am not sure we ever laughed so hard in our life. It has provided many very funny memories that I will always treasure.

Another winner!!!!

Sounds like you all had a blast!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    I'm turning 40 in October. We'll probably do something at my mom's the weekend before (my birthday is mid week) and then move the party to the International Balloon Fiesta for a night glow or something later on that evening.

After that, I'm taking a week off I and the family are going to California for a little fun in the sun and some surf. We're staying 7 nights in San Clemente...we have some chill days planned, but also taking the kiddos to Disneyland for the first time and we'll also be taking in the San Diego zoo and also doing a Dolphin/Whale safari. My wife's present to me is a two hour surf lesson for which she will take the kids and leave me alone on the beach plus an extra hour after the lesson.

Sounds good. My birthday is in October as well.

So much to do on my side of town. You guys will enjoy the zoo and especially Disneyland. Good times ahead!
  • 00Allie00
    00Allie00 Posts: 243 Member
    Had a bunch of friends over for drinks and food on my tiny deck. It was laid back but I spent it with people I loved :)

]69775866.png[/url]
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    I actually haven't been to Vegas since I had my daughter who just turned 16.

I have enough time to plan if I move on this now.

Thanks for the ideas everyone!!
  • Odwaroftorn
    Odwaroftorn Posts: 110 Member
    I had the best time ever. I wanted a black balloon party because I've spent more time in my life getting older than anything else I've done, I've earned my age and do not shrink from it.

I gave my wife a list of friends with the instructions that if she was to throw me a surprise birthday party, get as many of these as you can to attend, with instructions for no presents, just their presence.

I had exactly 40 friends that made it and we had 40 black balloons filled with helium (and a few colored ones for the children who came, mine refused to let all the balloons be black. Haha.)

I figure, I only get two traditional black balloon parties (40 and 50) so I'm going to have them. What can I say, I like cliche.

Having so many of my friends in attendance is what made the day the best. Some I hadn't seen in a year or more because of moving (them or us) and some I had daily contact with. All in all, them showing up one after the other and all the children running around was a memory worth making. (And I did receive a couple old man gifts. Haha.)

Then later that day my Cardinals gave the Panthers a sound thumping (33-13) on their way to the Super Bowl. A good day.
  • ddkphotos
    ddkphotos Posts: 304 Member
    went to NYC for the weekend with my hubby and boy! I figured it was about time - had never been before and live only 6 hours away!
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    I had the best time ever. I wanted a black balloon party because I've spent more time in my life getting older than anything else I've done, I've earned my age and do not shrink from it.

I gave my wife a list of friends with the instructions that if she was to throw me a surprise birthday party, get as many of these as you can to attend, with instructions for no presents, just their presence.

I had exactly 40 friends that made it and we had 40 black balloons filled with helium (and a few colored ones for the children who came, mine refused to let all the balloons be black. Haha.)

I figure, I only get two traditional black balloon parties (40 and 50) so I'm going to have them. What can I say, I like cliche.

Having so many of my friends in attendance is what made the day the best. Some I hadn't seen in a year or more because of moving (them or us) and some I had daily contact with. All in all, them showing up one after the other and all the children running around was a memory worth making. (And I did receive a couple old man gifts. Haha.)

Then later that day my Cardinals gave the Panthers a sound thumping (33-13) on their way to the Super Bowl. A good day.

A very good day!! Good idea too.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    Had a bunch of friends over for drinks and food on my tiny deck. It was laid back but I spent it with people I loved :)

]69775866.png[/url]

Nice! And my kind of scene too.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Live it up like your turning 21... duh! lol :noway: :laugh:
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Went on a 30 hour road trip up North
  • dinner, concert and drinks at a bar with my girlfriends.
  • ki4yxo
    ki4yxo Posts: 709 Member
    Got drunk and bought a motorcycle. (not in that order)
  • I completely ignored it.

lol!!! me too! I'll be 50 in January.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    attended a wedding, but otherwise ignored it.
  • cowbellsandcoffee
    cowbellsandcoffee Posts: 2,975 Member
    Don't remember.

Just another number I stopped keeping track of.