This one film will answer 90% of your nutritional questions.

Options
http://www.foodmatters.tv/
This is the way I am, getting healthy, and losing weight!

Replies

• lindseyelyzabeth
    lindseyelyzabeth Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    SERIOUSLY. it changed my life!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Looks great I'm ordering it. I love this line from the trailer "1/4 of what you eat keeps you alive and 3/4 of what you eat keeps your doctor alive.". Anyone who knows me knows that unless absolutely necessary I stay the hell away from anything pharmaceutical. Does anyone really believe that after a company spends 500 million to develop a drug that if they find something wrong after say 400 million, that they would let us know about it?
  • SkierElle
    Options
    Cool!! I want to see it =) Thanks for sharing!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    hmm, I added it to my Netflix instant queue and maybe will watch it this afternoon! Thanks for the suggestion!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    FYI it's on Netflix.
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Sweet, Netflex it is!!!! Thanks for the great info!
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted this, awesome documentary. I even ordered it just to share with other people because it's so inspiring.
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating meat over a year ago and have been eat organic food since. I have not had a cold since I woke up one morning with a sniffle and by the end of the day my body defeated it. . I take mega vitamins, and I would venture to say that 60% of what I consume is raw vegetables. 99% is organic ! My grocery bill is now less then my fast food bill once was. My doctor visits are only pain related and thankful my doctor like to use exercise to heal 90% of my issues now!
  • SweetyGirl
    Options
    Excellent film - watched it about a month ago. Gives you great info on what to eat/not eat to be healthy.

Somewhere in it, someone recommended mega doses of Vitamin C and so I found www.doctorhealyourself.com . DH and I are now taking several 500 mg. chewables throughout the day. No more sinus/allergy problems for either of us and we're generally feeling better. I also found out that taking 400 mg. of magnesium (as a supplement to my prescriptions) every night is helping to control my blood pressure.

:flowerforyou:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it's got some good info...

But does anyone have something for people like me who refuse to ever go vegetarian???

I'm sure it works for a lot of you to not eat meat, but that is not an option for me. Ever.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

But does anyone have something for people like me who refuse to ever go vegetarian???

I'm sure it works for a lot of you to not eat meat, but that is not an option for me. Ever.

I would never be a veg either - I like meat :). But I try to get hormone free or local if I can. It's hard because our food budget is really small so I don't have the luxury to always pay twice as much for better meat. We do, though, have a cow and will soon have a freezer full of the most organic, local, grass fed, and hormone free meat out there!! I also know that the cow has had a very happy life and will be slaughtered humanely, which makes me feel better about it vs the way factory farm cows are treated. As soon as we have property large enough we will have chickens too - for both eggs and meat.

PS, i don't eat organic unless it's something homegrown, but I do try to limit processed foods. Not cut out completely by any means! I also have not been sick in over 10 years. Occasionally a little cold, and once a sinus infection that I fought off myself, but nothing that ever has made me say "I am sick." Other than the OB I have not been to the Dr's since high school. I do take vitamins and exercise regularly though. So I would not attribute wellness totally to diet because I have eating both poorly and well in those 10 years. :laugh: I wasn't sick the year I lived off pop tarts and ramen either!
  • MrOutfit
    Options
    Food matters is a great movie. If you have Netflix add these to your instant queue as well, they are great. "Food, Inc", "King Corn", "Killer at Large", and "The Beautiful Truth". Food, Inc made me redefine my the way I looked at food forever. :smile:
    1871722.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll watch it on Netflix later.
  • dancewithgiggi
    Options
    Thanks for sharing:happy:
  • gurlondrums
    Options
    Bumping for later. Will definitely watch on Netflix.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options

I think that telling people they HAVE to go vegetarian has the opposite effect :tongue: It is better to eat QUALITY meat, and to eat meat less often because honestly humans don't need to eat meat 3 times a day :wink: We don't all have to go veg to save the environment and end world hunger. We just need to stop being gluttons and irresponsible about it

I am a pescotarian, but prefer wild-caught fish when I can get it and I actually don't have seafood that often :tongue: Just a few times a week
  • maryrshstattoo
    maryrshstattoo Posts: 206 Member
    Options

I think that telling people they HAVE to go vegetarian has the opposite effect :tongue: It is better to eat QUALITY meat, and to eat meat less often because honestly humans don't need to eat meat 3 times a day :wink: We don't all have to go veg to save the environment and end world hunger. We just need to stop being gluttons and irresponsible about it

I am a pescotarian, but prefer wild-caught fish when I can get it and I actually don't have seafood that often :tongue: Just a few times a week

It was never my intent to tell people to go vegatarian the movie is about alot more then that but you have to watch it to understand.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Interesting doc. I also finally got around to Food Inc, which has been in my queue for like a year.... both very good.

The first makes me 1) not want to cut out everything, but to keep eating as healthy as I can. and 2) if I do get sick to really research and fight for my alternatives. The 2nd makes me really want to be able to afford organic / local / farmer's market, but I really can't. It also makes me even more want to get some real property and a larger garden and get some chickens and another cow of my own so I know what goes into my foods and that the animals are raised, treated, and killed humanely!