Any ladies out there trying to lose the pregnancy weight?

nmonkey
nmonkey Posts: 66
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hello!
I am new here and do not usually stick with food journals or diets so I could use some support. After the first pregnancy the weight dropped off without any effort. In fact I had lost an extra 10lbs. This time around the weight will not come off. My son is 12 weeks old already and not a pound lost (except the weight from birth).

I just got out my summer clothes and nothing fits me. It is so depressing and I have a visit back home next month. I do not want to buy new clothes because I do not plan on staying at this weight. I just do not recognize myself.

I am determined to lost the weight!

Replies

• nmonkey
    Hello!
    I am new here and do not usually stick with food journals or diets so I could use some support. After the first pregnancy the weight dropped off without any effort. In fact I had lost an extra 10lbs. This time around the weight will not come off. My son is 12 weeks old already and not a pound lost (except the weight from birth).

I just got out my summer clothes and nothing fits me. It is so depressing and I have a visit back home next month. I do not want to buy new clothes because I do not plan on staying at this weight. I just do not recognize myself.

I am determined to lost the weight!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Yes, from ten years ago! LOL Does that count?
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    First of all, you have come to the right site. This is first time I have been able to stick to anything for more than 2 weeks.

It's good you are starting now. I never had trouble losing the weight I gained during pregnancy, but what I found was that after I stopped breastfeeding my babies, and my eating habits didn't change, I would quickly gain 10 pounds that I couldn't lose. Multiply that times 5 babies, voila 50 pounds overweight.

So, some of this depends on whether you are breastfeeding or not. If you are, you are still eating for your baby, so your caloric needs on that count need to be figured in.

Start logging in your foods to give yourself an idea of how much you are eating. Figure out your BMI, BMR on the tools. But I wouldn't go under 2000 calories a day while breastfeeding, possibly more than that. And I would figure in the least amount of weight loss per week that is available, because you really don't have that much to lose. Concentrate on eating calorie dense foods that take longer to digest and keep you feeling full longer (like carrots... I'll try to come up with a list.)

It will take awhile though, and this place will help you to not get discouraged. You may need to work a little on your own self-image. You're a Mommy, and that is an awesome thing. You aren't going to look like a teenager anymore, but we can help you get some of those pounds off.

Good luck.
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Yes, I gained weight over the past five years from two kids. The weight came off initally but after the breastfeeding quit, the weight came back. Now I am currently back to what I weighed when I got married in Oct 2002. I still have 37 more to get to my goal but I am patient, I know I've passed one hurdle, what's one more?
    Good luck, you can do it!!!:flowerforyou:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am trying to lose my last 10 lbs from the baby! The first 20 seemed not to take too long but this last 10 must really like me, and it will not leave. I took out my summer clothes the other day, and the first pair I tried on fit, so I was thinking I was good to go for the summer. Then I tried on the rest, and nothing else fit. I remember now that the first pair I tried on I wore half of my pregnancy so they were stretched out to begin with. Just don't give up, it'll come!!!
  • nmonkey
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I am breast feeding . I think I am just not making the right choices in food.

Beep-I read another post by you about home schooling. We are also thinking about home schooling and again I appreciate the encouraging post that you wrote.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    I'm trying to loose the weight from my 1st, 2nd and 3rd child (16, 15, 13) I need to loose all the weight to get back to pre-baby weight- 15 down and 49 to go:noway:
  • beep
    I'm trying to loose the weight from my 1st, 2nd and 3rd child (16, 15, 13) I need to loose all the weight to get back to pre-baby weight- 15 down and 49 to go:noway:

Oh, i soooooo hear you. My youngest was born almost 10 years ago and I have never been able to lose the weight, UNTIL NOW!!!!! i'm so excited. I have 3 teens, one soon to be 21 and a 9year old.
  • beep
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words! I am breast feeding . I think I am just not making the right choices in food.

Beep-I read another post by you about home schooling. We are also thinking about home schooling and again I appreciate the encouraging post that you wrote.

When I get the chance I will write a post on homeschooling, the pitfalls to avoid, the goal, etc. But feel free to write me any questions you my have, and I'll address them all.

You are so welcome, anything help I can give, gives me a boost too:wink:
  • beep
    Yes, from ten years ago! LOL Does that count?

:grumble: It's why I'm here:grumble: too.:laugh:
This discussion has been closed.