Spinach
    Romaine lettuce
    Iceberg lettuce
    Onions
    Peppers
  • Equus3nMom
    Equus3nMom Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I'm doing about 1200 calories and can't believe I'm not hungry and I'm losing about a half a pound a day.
  • harrynich
    harrynich Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I absolutely agree. I love junk food. When I eat it I love it more. Pretty soon I'm stuffed and still hungry.

So now I eat a lot of whole grains and beans and a ton of vegetables. If I feel like going out, I go to Subway and get one of their 6" low-fat sandwiches. They're really quite good.

I'm not eating dairy for now. But I have nothing against it. I just find for me that it makes me want to eat it in combination with other things that will probably leave me hungry.

Play with spices on your vegetables. It's amazing what pepper can do to steamed broccoli. I have some cajun seasoning I use. The more I fill up on vegetables the longer I'm not hungry.

I eat hard boiled eggs, rice & beans, sandwich meats (at Subway), and fish (mostly) for protein. Salmon. A lot of salmon.

I think logging everything is incredibly helpful. And I think if you find yourself thinking a lot about how much of a particular treat you can eat and stay under your calorie goal then maybe you should just not eat that food. And get the junk out of your house. It makes an amazing difference.

On the other hand, I'm new at this so if I were you I'd take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I did lose 20 pounds before logging on to this site. So I'm not as new as the site shows me to be.

I lost my first 20 pounds
  • LaReinaDeCorazones
    LaReinaDeCorazones Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I've discovered having 2-3 eggs with spinach on flatbread is filling after a long morning walk, lunch is usually a veggie patty on a burger bun, and most of the time dinner is a baked potato, some kind of steamed veggie and cottage cheese. ..and whatever kind of snack I'm wanting at the time
  • chixabomb
    chixabomb Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is usually and egg on toast, a thin cinnamon raisin bagel or cereal like Raisin Bran. Snack is often an apple with almond butter (I crave this combo, I'm so looking forward to my calorie refresh tomorrow to eat this!) Lunch is usually my worst meal of the day where as a stay at home mom always in the pantry for my daughter I find it hard not to snack, but its sometimes a tuna or tomato sandwich, salad, or pasta. Dinner is whatever the SkinnyMom blog says it is (this site has simplified my meal planning life without any stress at all and the meals are always tasty!) I'm still trying to get an handle on portions and sticking to it, but I find drinking water and always having my water bottle on me keeps me from overeating.