On a good streak, but scared of a change....

Options
Hi! While I know many people claim to gain weight on the pill, I gained 20 pounds coming off of it last year. Since then, I joined my fitness pal and started counting calories for the first time ever. I love logging what I eat, it makes me more mindful. I've lost about 8 pounds since the last gain. I am considering going off the pill again, not to get pregnant but for other reasons. But I'm afraid of the weight gain again! I didn't watch my calories last time, and I know I ate too much sugar. Another thing that concerns me is up until 2 months ago I was a runner. I now have a knee injury and am sticking to the gym. Any similar stories out there with solutions??

Replies

• annpatalexa
    annpatalexa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 pounds going on Depo Shot. And have been on Nuva Ring for almost a decade. I didn't notice any noticeable weight gain switching between the two.

My suggestion is to talk with your doctor about the weight loss with going of the pill. S/he might have some suggestions. But keep tracking your food and activities and pay attention if your weight starts creeping.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Drugs have effects on the body, including it's weight...but so do habits.

The facts that I can lose at all is because I take a pill every morning that lets me. I love that little pill. If I met whoever ran the company that makes it, I'd kiss their feet. :)

Talk to the doctor before stopping any medication. Never, ever stop taking pills without checking to make sure it's okay. Then see how it goes. Keep logging the food, exercise and weight. If you keep an eye on it, it's unlikely you'll gain much.

Good luck.