5K in memory of my sons

dgilner
dgilner Posts: 120 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi Everyone -
I am organizing a 5K run to be held this spring in memory of my two sons. I know that many of you may live in the midwest and might be interested. For those of you who do not live nearby, perhaps you can sign up to run a race that same day in your town. The date is May 14th...with New Years coming up - the perfect time to set up some resolutions/goals for yourself - this might be a great time to considering running a 5k. I have a website and facebook page set up and would love the support and help getting the word out about the race. Please consider visiting the site(s) and sharing the info! I appreciate your time just reading this post!!
Please note that we are in the beginning stages of organizng this race - as we get more info and have a way to sign up for the race I will keep you posted!! Happy Sunday everyone!
Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maguire-Gilner-Angel-Day-5K-Run/110006992403371
http://maguiregilnerangeldayrun.webs.com/

Lace up those shoes!!
Dawn

Replies

• Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    I'm not in the midwest, but I just liked the page on fb.
  • kimjoan
    kimjoan Posts: 192 Member
    God bless you for taking an unimaginable situation and doing something positive with it. I live in California so wouldn't be able to run. However, I am a professional organizer and I would love to explore the practicality of running a race here in Sacramento on the same day. Maybe others on MFP across the country would be willing to do the same. If that isn't practical I would still like to make a donation.
  • dgilner
    God bless you for taking an unimaginable situation and doing something positive with it. I live in California so wouldn't be able to run. However, I am a professional organizer and I would love to explore the practicality of running a race here in Sacramento on the same day. Maybe others on MFP across the country would be willing to do the same. If that isn't practical I would still like to make a donation.

You just made me cry - thank you so much for even considering that possibility. My heart is very touched.
    Thank you to everyone for stopping by to read this!
  • How I wish I could run this in memory of my son Michael. I lost him in March to SIDS. I will promote this as much as I can.

My prayers are with you this season.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    You're an incredible woman, and an even more incredible mother. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, let alone two. What you're doing to honor your sons, is honorable. I live in Canada, I'm a mother of 2 year old twin boys who suffer from Cystic Fibrosis. I have a website that I created for them as well, and I have "upcoming events". After reading your story and seeing your determination, your drive, and your unconditional love for your children, I am going to set aside that day (May 14th) and I will wake in the morning to complete a 5K run in memory of your sons, and in honor of my sons, and others who are struggling with disease, and death. Thank-you for having the courage to do something as fantastic as this. I hope we do your sons proud.
  • dgilner
    You're an incredible woman, and an even more incredible mother. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child, let alone two. What you're doing to honor your sons, is honorable. I live in Canada, I'm a mother of 2 year old twin boys who suffer from Cystic Fibrosis. I have a website that I created for them as well, and I have "upcoming events". After reading your story and seeing your determination, your drive, and your unconditional love for your children, I am going to set aside that day (May 14th) and I will wake in the morning to complete a 5K run in memory of your sons, and in honor of my sons, and others who are struggling with disease, and death. Thank-you for having the courage to do something as fantastic as this. I hope we do your sons proud.
    Thank you - for this message and for the pm you sent to me. My heart is overflowing from the outpouring of love from all mfp friends!
This discussion has been closed.