Body bug or similar product

Options
Hey guys... I really don't trust the calorie counting on my treadmill since it doesn't take your own info and just guesses on how much you are burning so I am looking into getting a body bug or something similar. Anyone know of any other names of the brands that make these items?

Replies

• BlessedMystique
    BlessedMystique Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BodyMedia Fit...I have one and I love it. It was 150bucks cheaper than a BodyBugg
    and from what I've heard has more functions
  • I like my Body Bugg but wish I didn't have to pay monthly for it
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I just did a search and it looks like the BodyMedia Fit also has a cheaper monthly price than the Bodybugg. I might have to splurge on that one if I don't get my Christmas wish. :happy:
  • tolygal
    tolygal Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love my bodybugg. I've never tried the bodymedia, so I can't say anything about their online tools, but I'm very happy with Bodybuggs online tools. It sucks to pay 9.95 a month, but it's helped me get to where I am, so it's well worth it IMO. The only thing I've heard that's significantly different between the two is that it measures your sleep. But that means you have to leave it on 24 hours (I assume). I take off my bodybugg every night so my skin gets a break. I personally don't miss not having the sleep stuff, but if I was just chosing one for the first time, I might opt for the bodymedia for that option and it sounds like it's cheaper. Check out the current prices - I've seen the bodybugg for $169.00 until the end of the year - not sure what the bodymedia costs. I imagine with both of them they will suggest other accessories to go with them. The bodybugg has a digital display which I never use but I assume some people would get use out of it. It just means that you can check on your burn, steps, etc. when you're not able to sync up to your computer. I do love the wireless communicator though. I can't remember if that was an extra charge or not, but if it is, I'd pay extra for that!

I would never trust the numbers the machine gives you. The nice thing about a bodybugg/bodymedia is that it's taking into consideration EVERYTHING you do all day. It captures your housecleaning, taking care of the kids, walking the dog, taking the stairs instead of the elevator, etc. So you will get a more accurate idea of where you are really at. Not only that, but I've learned so much about myself by using it! I have the old grey bodybugg, and one of these days I'm going to splurge for the pretty little black one since I'm going to continue wearing it when I get to maintenance mode - I think it's really really going to help with that!!