skinny girl with stretch marks??

Options

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    My son is VERY tall and he hit a growth spurt going into high school and got stretch marks. He wasn't over weight.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    As said, stretch marks don't only come from weight gain!

I hit a major growth spurt when I was a tween, and so I had subtle stretch marks on my hips! Luckily I used Bio Oil and they all went away :love:

I had them on my hips, thighs and breasts from puberty. I didn't use Bio Oil and they all went away. They fade with time. It's the nature of stretch marks.
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Puberty. Seriously. I got mine super super early in life and suddenly had them on my butt, leggs, behind my shoulders, and on my boobs. They will fade, and you caring about them will fade too. I no longer have any emotional connection when I see them.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

I hit a major growth spurt when I was a tween, and so I had subtle stretch marks on my hips! Luckily I used Bio Oil and they all went away :love:

I had them on my hips, thighs and breasts from puberty. I didn't use Bio Oil and they all went away. They fade with time. It's the nature of stretch marks.
    I had them for 10+ years without changes in colour, shape or fading. Then when I used Bio Oil, it went away right away. Most likely was a mixture of both, but the Bio Oil significantly sped it up.

But thanks for knowing my body better than I do! :flowerforyou:
  • missycj87
    missycj87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    guys i never meant to imply that i believed only overweight people can have stretch marks. i just found it odd that i have them even though i am considered underweight.
  • missycj87
    Options
    hello everybody. i am currently on myfitness pal in an attempt to gain weight. im 5'4" and i started off at 89lbs in the beginning of july. as of now i am 103lbs and gaining. and no i have never had an eating disorder but i have always been very small. 7 years ago i lost a loved one and became very depressed and withdrawn. my appetite became non existent and i lost almost 20 pounds that i could not afford to lose in the first place. i eventually was able to gain some weight back, but i was never able to get to where i was and stayed at, at 98lbs. i was never more than that. i just figured it was bcuz i had a fast metabolism, but now i know that is simply not the case. i just wasnt eating enough. so now for the first time in my life, i weigh over 100 pounds and i gotta say it feels really good! i do have one issue though that i have always had. i have these stretch marks on my *kitten* and i dont understand it. i even had them before my devastating weight loss. how can a skinny chick have stretch marks? they feel smooth on the skin but they are just there. anyone know how or why could this could be? bcuz i cant think of any other reason for this. lol.
    If you'e on this site, I assume you are taller now than you were when you were born.

Thus, stretch marks.

im not sure how i should take your reply to my question, bcuz it came off as a little catty to me. i could be taking it wrong. either way im just gonna leave that alone.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The stretch marks I got (which you can't even see now) happened as a result of a fast growth spurt as a teenager. Had nothing g to do with my weight. Most people get them that way.
  • rml_16
    Options

I had them for 10+ years without changes in colour, shape or fading. Then when I used Bio Oil, it went away right away. Most likely was a mixture of both, but the Bio Oil significantly sped it up.

So you're saying that in 10 years your stretch marks remained flaming, bright red and didn't fade at all?

You might be a medical marvel. That is very unusual.
  • rml_16
    Options
    hello everybody. i am currently on myfitness pal in an attempt to gain weight. im 5'4" and i started off at 89lbs in the beginning of july. as of now i am 103lbs and gaining. and no i have never had an eating disorder but i have always been very small. 7 years ago i lost a loved one and became very depressed and withdrawn. my appetite became non existent and i lost almost 20 pounds that i could not afford to lose in the first place. i eventually was able to gain some weight back, but i was never able to get to where i was and stayed at, at 98lbs. i was never more than that. i just figured it was bcuz i had a fast metabolism, but now i know that is simply not the case. i just wasnt eating enough. so now for the first time in my life, i weigh over 100 pounds and i gotta say it feels really good! i do have one issue though that i have always had. i have these stretch marks on my *kitten* and i dont understand it. i even had them before my devastating weight loss. how can a skinny chick have stretch marks? they feel smooth on the skin but they are just there. anyone know how or why could this could be? bcuz i cant think of any other reason for this. lol.
    If you'e on this site, I assume you are taller now than you were when you were born.

Thus, stretch marks.

im not sure how i should take your reply to my question, bcuz it came off as a little catty to me. i could be taking it wrong. either way im just gonna leave that alone.
    It was an explanation. You grow, your skin stretches.
  • missycj87
    Options

Thus, stretch marks.

yea but ur being condescending as if the answer should be obvious to me. i dont play passive aggressive games sweetheart. if you felt my question was stupid, then feel free to find yourself on a post you feel is relevant, and keep your smart *kitten* mouth off of mine.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

So you're saying that in 10 years your stretch marks remained flaming, bright red and didn't fade at all?

Yep, seriously.

You're boring me. Are you done yet?
  • alice_schmalice
    alice_schmalice Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are scar tissue. Some people are more prone to creating scar tissue in/on their bodies than others. I have TONS of them from my 5'2" body bearing twins with a combined weight of 11lbs3oz. I just call them my tiger stripes or my battle scars lol. Body acceptance is difficult for a lot of people. Our culture doesn't make it any easier.
  • funfang
    funfang Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a lot stretch marks on my body, I think the first one I got was on my knees when I was a teen. I then got some on the side of my belly on my 20's when I gained 20 lbs in 3 months. Then lots on my inner thigh due to pregnancy, I also have some on my chest cause my breast went from B to D in a month when I was pregnant. They use to annoy me a lot but now I learned how to accept them. I look at them as little marks that remind me what have happened in my life :-)

I heard coconut oil can help to reduce them. My friend also got some special oil/lotion from vitamin stores to make them less noticeable. I am just too lazy to do that. I am sure you can find something to help. Good luck.
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've always suffered from stretch marks on my inner thighs (mostly my right one) even though I've never been even close to overweight (I'm 121 lbs right now at 5'3'' so I'm more than you but I'm still in a very healthy range). I never had a sudden growth spurt where my thighs ballooned out or anything, they're just there.

What I've found has helped with both stretch marks and cellulite is a TON of squats and leg kickbacks. As well, I would recommend bio-oil.
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options

Yep, seriously.

Actually I think it's very uncommon for them to just "fade away." Mine have been there for 10+ years as well since I was about 14 or so. The appearance of them has never changed (except for with bio oil and the exercises I mentioned above)
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options

Thus, stretch marks.

yea but ur being condescending as if the answer should be obvious to me. i dont play passive aggressive games sweetheart. if you felt my question was stupid, then feel free to find yourself on a post you feel is relevant, and keep your smart *kitten* mouth off of mine.
    My dear, you might get a better reception and more positive responses both here and in the outside world if you spread more honey than the vinegar which you are currently spewing.
    You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. No one tends to take well to a potty mouth either.:flowerforyou:
  • missycj87
    Options

Thus, stretch marks.

My dear, you might get a better reception and more positive responses both here and in the outside world if you spread more honey than the vinegar which you are currently spewing.
    You catch more bees with honey than with vinegar. No one tends to take well to a potty mouth either.:flowerforyou:

i only spread vinegar when i feel it's necessary. there are plenty of positive responses on this very post and i accept them all. however i am not a pushover. and i dont wish to catch any bee's as they are dangerous to my health:smile: sorry that bothers you but as i have said before, i am a grown woman. so i will speak however i see fit, regardless of you calling me a "potty mouth". whoever that chick was, she obviously only came on this post to ruffle feathers because she came on here with a snarky attitude. so dont give me a speech about how i conduct myself. if you dont like it, you can beat it too. :flowerforyou:
  • missycj87
    Options

Yep, seriously.

i mean really! what is wrong with that lady?lol
  • missycj87
    Options
    Hey, I've always suffered from stretch marks on my inner thighs (mostly my right one) even though I've never been even close to overweight (I'm 121 lbs right now at 5'3'' so I'm more than you but I'm still in a very healthy range). I never had a sudden growth spurt where my thighs ballooned out or anything, they're just there.

What I've found has helped with both stretch marks and cellulite is a TON of squats and leg kickbacks. As well, I would recommend bio-oil.

i think i may try the bio-oil:smile:
  • MoosyGoosy
    Options
    I have enormous stretch marks on my back from growing really fast upwards :P

I also have them on my boobs from them getting huge very quickly xP

I've never been overweight, stretch marks are natural :) I get self concious about them though, I can't wear a bikini because of the ones on my back (and I don't like my tummy) :P

I know I shouldnt really be self concious about them though, because they really are natural :)