the perfect storm

Options
mix in PMS, upper respiratory infection, two little ones who are also sick and the revelation that my soon to be ex-husband has been dating someone for the past few months (after we decided to get divorced but not before he moved out) AND the knowledge that on his weekend he took said little chidlren to her house without telling me and you have the perfect storm for disaster where food and workouts are concerned.

I have been on MFP for a little over a year and this is my first major derailment. I went a week sobbing my eyes out, not exercising ( I did do 3 days of CLE) and barely fucntioning and shoving in my mouth any food or drink i could find - foods i havent' eaten in over a year!!!

And while i am certainly giving myself permission - it was a major emotional blow on a lot of levels - i am disappointed in myself for quickly going back to old habits the second a major emotional hurdle comes my way. Chalene says - use exercise as your new way of coping - and i so did not do that. Maybe had i not been sick (wheezing plus turbo fire does not equal good results) i would have.

but i did use my support system - my therapist, my friends, my family to help talk about all these awful feelings - anger, betrayal, sadness, shock - adn now i am back on track - i did CLE and running yesterday and am on my last week of my second round of CLX and i did turbo fire 55 today.

And I just booked a 3 day cruise with my two college rooomates who live far away in feb -nothing like the thought of a being in a bathing suit to motivate you right?

so that's it... have been MIA for a little and that's why.

That which does not kill you makes you stronger - i am betting on that!!! because i am still standing...

Replies

• eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry you're having to go thru all of this. *HUG* Enjoy the cruise! You deserve it!! Take some time to do things for yourself and your children and turn this negative into a positive if you can. Now that you've had a week of much needed junk food throw it all out & begin a new chapter to an even better you :)