80 pounds, 3 months, doable?

Options

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    The body you'd get from this plan is not one you'd want to show off. You'll likely lose a lot of muscle, so you'll be flabby and untoned with a fair amount of loose, floppy skin.

Do it the right way and you'll get what you want.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    If you go to the shady dude on the corner who hangs out at odd hours and is always shifty eyed and scratching himself...he might have something that will help you with that...
    In all seriousness...no. At least, not safely.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    No...
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    No its not doable safely.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No. That is neither healthy nor sustainable.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    6'5 290. Turn 20 in december. Wanna be able to show off my body and not feel gross bout myself.

I've been fat my whole life. Not cuz of my genes cuz i always overate. I binge on junk like every night. Even till this day. At my heaviest i was 400 pounds at 6'5. I feel like my body probably won't have a ton of trouble shedding this weight cuz i'm really not supposed to be fat in the first place. Everyone in my family is athletic.

Plan is to eat 1,000 calories of protein a day. 300 calories of carbs a day. a little bit of fat. Plus negative calorie foods/ couple hundred calories of veggies. I'll take a multivitamin too.

As far as workouts go? I'll stick to current plan of full body split every other day. Right now i do about 30 minutes of cardio every morning. Will bump that up to an hour of cardio every morning. Usually light jogging/jump roping. I'll also add in HIIT 3 nights of the week.

If i stick to the above plan is my goal realistic? Is it unhealthy?

And assuming that i don't eat more than 2100 calories after reaching my goal weight i shouldn't have any problem maintaining right?

No....

also, I'm 5'10" and pushing 40...I maintain on 2800ish calories...your maintenance is going to be more than 2100 calories just inherently with your stats, not to mention exercise.

I lost all of my weight netting around 1850 calories...with exercise I was grossing around 2250 or so and I ate a well rounded, balanced, and nutritious diet (just as I am now in maintenance). Your plan is not good.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sure!

Surgically remove your limbs. You might have a shot.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    6'5 290. Turn 20 in december. Wanna be able to show off my body and not feel gross bout myself.

I've been fat my whole life. Not cuz of my genes cuz i always overate. I binge on junk like every night. Even till this day. At my heaviest i was 400 pounds at 6'5. I feel like my body probably won't have a ton of trouble shedding this weight cuz i'm really not supposed to be fat in the first place. Everyone in my family is athletic.

Plan is to eat 1,000 calories of protein a day. 300 calories of carbs a day. a little bit of fat. Plus negative calorie foods/ couple hundred calories of veggies. I'll take a multivitamin too.

As far as workouts go? I'll stick to current plan of full body split every other day. Right now i do about 30 minutes of cardio every morning. Will bump that up to an hour of cardio every morning. Usually light jogging/jump roping. I'll also add in HIIT 3 nights of the week.

And assuming that i don't eat more than 2100 calories after reaching my goal weight i shouldn't have any problem maintaining right?

Try your hardest everyday and find out instead of asking!
  • michikade
    michikade Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Unless you are under the complete and total supervision of a licensed medical professional, this is far too lofty of a goal for such a short time frame.

You CAN shed weight and lose inches all over which will give you a slimmer appearance but trying to lose almost a pound a day at your height and current weight is a little unreasonable. If you weighed maybe 100lbs more, maybe.
  • xoxmariahxox
    Options
    You could amputate something?
  • lizarddev
    lizarddev Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You might be able to lose like 45 lbs in 3 months but that is complete dedication. That meaning that first go to the doctor and find out what kind or if any issues you may have and if a plan for lower calories will work. I have a regiment of 6 to 8 meals a day and meal replacement on the night ones (After 8pm) to keep up my nutrients and what my body needs. I eat at a 1500 calorie steady. This was also completed by using a doctor and I am 43 years old. I have dropped about 15 lbs in 30 days and it is a very healthy and restrictive loss. No one person is the same or will lose the same so consulting your doctor first and foremost is the option I would start and allow him to give the recommendations that is needed. Here they are telling you right where NO ITS NOT FEASIBLE. You can do more damage than good if not done correctly. It is also not a diet it is a lifestyle change.
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    Ummmm...yeah, no. What everyone else has said. Please don't do this to your body.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    How did you lose 110 pounds to get down from 400 to 290? Was it healthy? Sustainable? How long did it take you? Base your continued loss on what you've learned already about how your body reacts to certain calorie and exercise levels. There's no one besides you telling you that this must be done in 3 months. Get your mind right, and treat it like a lifelong change. Slow, steady, safe.
  • morehealthymatt
    morehealthymatt Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    is removing a part of the body part of your plan? If you're not willing to to that, then no.

You'll get that great body you want, just do it in a healthier time frame.
  • Oscarinmiami
    Oscarinmiami Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    don't do it!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options

WTF?! You are setting yourself up to fail before you even start!! How about you forgo the thought of being 80 lbs slimmer THIS year and look at it being a reality NEXT year!! Unless of course you're an episode of Extreme Weight Loss or the Biggest Loser...Lord have mercy!! The reality is about 20lbs if you do it right, give or take... Join a gym that has a good trainer!!! I can tell you from being a past 275lber that it's needed, your body has "learned" a lot of BAD things like posture over the years of abuse and neglect, a trainer will help you make sure you're doing the right positioning when doing the exercises...I wish you luck! But the reality is .... NO you won't lose 80!! It's taken me over a year to lose my 100!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Why such a huge rush? You will be happier and healthier if you stick with losing around 30 or maybe even 40 lb in that time frame. It will still be a noticeable, positive change.
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can lose 80lbs in three months. No, it's not safe nor a formula for long term loss or results. If you feel the need to get drastic, I suggest you see a physician regarding a medically supervised low calorie diet.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    . Plus negative calorie foods/ couple hundred calories of veggies. I'll take a multivitamin too.

You do realize all food has calories - there are no negative calorie foods. Throw out that myth. And your plan to lose 80 lbs in 3 months.
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Check out Keto.

http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/

It's basically Low Carb/High Fat.