Nike+ Problem

Veggie_Eloise
Veggie_Eloise Posts: 99 Member
edited September 22 in Fitness and Exercise
For the past week I have been, with utmost patience, trying to use my Nike+ sensor while I jog/briskly walk on the treadmill. 2/3 of the time the sensor does NOT pick up my movement. I am sick of hearing 0.00 pace. I was wondering if it is because I am walking some of the time. It totally picks up when I run but not when I am walking. I have tried calibrating it and it magically picks up my movement when I calibrate just not during my actual workout.

Thanks so much for any suggestions/answers.

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    is it installed correctly in your shoe? Mine works walking or running. I wore it during a very good hike where I was barely moving going up hill and never had a problem. I would suggest that you contact Nike if it continues. Also I read the other day that the sensor is only good for 1000 miles. Could that be your problem? That'd be a nice problem to have.
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Oh no!
    I wish I had done 1000 miles!!
    I've only done like 13.
    I have it in my shoe with the nike logo facing up.
  • Nike logo facing up with it lengthways with your shoe?

I have mine sticky taped to the tongue of my Adidas shoes. I only walk at the moment and it works perfectly. When I am outside though I tend to use the Nike + GPS app.

if I stop for any length of time mine stops working and it pauses the work out. like. after a minute or two.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    If you have the nike+ shoes that is how I have mine.

Maybe you just have a defective one. Contact where you got it and return it for another. Tell them it doesn't work. :) I know you'll be sad while you wait for the new one but you'll be happy once you have one that works.

I love mine. I call them my magic shoes if they have the chip in it. :)

A simple swap and you'll be on your way.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    I didnt log 1000 miles but I did have one that after about a year I needed to replace it and after calibrating I am getting all my miles logged once again.

The sensor could be defective, it is possible that you have it upside down, the logo should be up and the apple/nike swoosh pointing toward your toes.

I would suggest logging onto the nike + site and looking up your problem to see what they recommend.
  • Veggie_Eloise
    Thanks for all the advice. I'm going to try to send it back to Nike and get a new one!
This discussion has been closed.