Holiday logging

Options
Hi
I'm off to stay with my mum for a week and need some advice. She follows the slimming world plan and serves a truck tonne of food at meal times. I don't know whether to try and weigh the food or just not log for a week and try to make healthy choices? Its not that the food is fattening just that there is soooo much.
What would others do? Just enjoy the holiday and relax with my mum? Or try to log?
I will be logging my excersise as I plan on doing a lot of swimming - my sister works at a holiday park so I can use their pool ;)
Thanks in advance
xx

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Well if you are exercising everyday you don't have to worry as much
    about the food intake. I would still measure your portions. It is all about
    portion control.

If your Mom has a scale try weighing in a few days and see if the
    over abundance of food is throwing you off of your goal.

Have fun with your Mom.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Because there is a lot of food doesn't mean you should eat a lot of it. Just have reasonable portions. I would keep logging, even if you have to estimate, to make sure you're staying on track, maybe eat at maintenance for a couple days if you have to.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...Maybe promise yourself you'll always eat a salad first. Maybe you'll fill up a little. Then go for a portion of meat, etc. For me, personally, I think I would make my family upset if they saw me weighing the food we were all about to eat family style. They are over weight and I wouldn't want to be shoving it in their face. If you've been weighing all along, you should be able to eye ball things pretty well.

And yeah, maybe eat at maintenance if you want to enjoy yourself. I did that on my cruise (or tried) this summer and was fine.
  • eels4peels
    eels4peels Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Holidays never count! :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    A part of all of this is learning how to eat in appropriate portions and learning to make good nutritional decisions. I've never logged on vacation/holiday...never logged special occasions, etc. I used those opportunities to test my ability to control myself and take the training wheels off. It was always good practice...I've maintained my current weight now for 16 months WITHOUT logging because I took the time while I was logging to actually learn a thing or two.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Go wolfman! That's a good point actually. I didn't log on that cruise either and felt guilty about it. But I didn't gain...Maybe should have felt proud that I did it on my own!