NICE compliments friends/loved 1s see that you don't thread

Options
2»

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Well, this wasn't from a loved one, but a stranger...
    Today, I was in the gym, pushing/running with the prowler weight sled, with 90lbs on it and this buff guy walked past me and smiled and said "good job, that's one of the best things you can do to get in shape--keep up the good work!" :smile:

:drinker: :drinker: :blushing: :drinker: :drinker:

Wow, ya know...I've always avoided the gym, being intimidated/shy thinking people would judge me as an overweight old lady...nope, just the opposite. When this dude said that to me, it inspired me to work/push myself even harder--WOOT!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    The other weekend I bought a gorgeous lacey black boobtube for our 'date night' (been together 11 years). I didn't show him what I'd bought as I wanted to suprise him.

Once ready and 'ta da' he didn't really say anything?

Me: So, do I look ok?
    Him: Yeah you look alright, you always do
    Me: ALRIGHT???!!! I bought the top cuz mum said I looked so slim and sexy in it. That's why I saved it for tonight!
    Him: Yeah you do, but you always look skinny now days baby.

BEST NIGHT EVER! :bigsmile: I totally loved him for that, still makes me smile now! Even though I wouldn't go as far as skinny just yet lol, 25lb more maybe. Also had to extinguish the demon inside from saying 'now days?!' haha... I knew he meant it as a compliment. :smooched:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • amielou42
    amielou42 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My husband said my legs looked skinnier!! And he often says "you're so slim!" I've been at goal weight for a few months but he can always keep the compliments coming ;-)
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    My Son said, " my Friends from school said you don't look like the other moms" I asked him what they meant by that, he said," you look younger and slimmer then the other moms. They said you look like Pocahontas :-) I just laughed but it did make me feel good.
  • smittysgal7
    smittysgal7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Me and my hubby were in the grocery store last week when he mentioned how I was def losing weight and to keep it up. He was walking up behind me when he noticed. I only weigh myself every 3 weeks and last weigh in I hadn't lost any weight, but I lost 4 3/4 inches. I'm doing something right!! I'll find out more this Thursday when I weigh and measure again. It's always nice when other people notice. Especially loved ones :)
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I came up stairs from working out in the home gym last week and I over heard my husband talking on the phone. He "said that I was dropping weight like crazy." I asked him who he was talking to because I did not hear the phone ring. It ended up being an old friend of mine from back home. It made to feel great, because when I comes to my weight my husband doesn't say much because in the past if any one commented good, bad or indifferent on my weight it would through me into a tail spin. Not anymore thou. :bigsmile:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I had several co workers notice last week and tell me that I was looking great! The best thing was this morning when I realized my pants were a little big. I went to get out a belt and it was also too big. Got a new, smaller belt!

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :smooched: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My favorite is still when I picked my (grown) son up at the airport and he walked right by me. I called his name, and when he turned around to look at me, his jaw dropped. He only knew me because of my voice. ~Priceless!~
  • Murph1908
    Murph1908 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Saw a heavy guy I play golf with for the first time in a while. I was riding up in the cart, called him by name, and put my hand out to shake his. He had this confused look on his face. It wasn't until he was close enough to grab my hand that he recognized me.

Next day I saw him again, and he had another confused look on his face, saying he had to eat what I was eating. It was as if he didn't think it was possible at our age and weight to transform like I had. Maybe I've inspired him.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!