need help staying on track during weddings...

Options
I have been doing awesome tracking, weighing, measuring and everything. Been staying at or under my goal of 1600 calories a day, with at least 100 g of protein (shooting for 128 g)

My only problem is I have weddings 4 weekends in a row coming up.. and I don't want to undo my hard work in one night. What do you do in these situations? Food is preordered for me, I like to drink beer, and I suppose I can try to turn down the cake... or do you all allow a day to let loose a week? I'm perfectly happy at 1600 calories, not deprived or anything, but I just won't be able to accurately track at these 4 weddings

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Exercise so you get a little extra calories going on and watch your portion size. There is no reason you can't have cake. One day is not going to hurt you, this is after all about living life. Unfortunately, you have four of them in a row so your overall month might not be as successful as you anticipate, still if you're conscientious it shouldn't really be a big deal. Have fun!
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    This is what I do:

1. Workout the day of if you have the time.
    2. Stay hydrated throughout the day/night.
    3. Eat a normal meal before the wedding. I also have a protein shake on my way to the wedding (I've been to a few this spring/summer, one more next weekend).
    4. Enjoy small portions of the stuff you like. Make smart alcohol choices (wine or beer or spirits on the rocks vs. a big sugary cocktail that will pack more of a calorie punch).

I am the oddball vegetarian at every wedding I am invited to, and even though I write it on the RSVP card, when we get to the venue - the waitstaff usually look at me like I have 4 heads when I say that I won't be having the chicken/steak/salmon, because no one notified them. At the last wedding I went to, they had no vegetarian option, so they microwaved some of the wilted old veggies from the cocktail hour and gave me a baked potato. The thought of people touching the veggies with their bare dirty hands during the cocktail hour was enough for me to stay away from everything on the plate. I left that wedding hungry...!
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Eat 100 calories less per day for the other 6 days of the week, you now have an extra 600 calories for the wedding day. Eat 200 calories less per day for the other 6 days and you now have 1200 calories extra for the wedding day. I will note that when cutting calories from the week, still hit your protein goals, don't take the extra calories away from protein.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Great advice everyone. and I do lift weights/cardio at least 6 days a week so I might have a little more wiggle room anyways but I'm trying to cut right now so I know I have to be pretty strict