Dianette and Weight Gain?

Options
I've been put on Dianette to treat my acne (been on everything under the sun, really hoping this works so I don't have to go on Accutane!!) and have heard that it causes weight gain. I've tried researching it, but don't really understand all the medical mumbo-jumbo. I'm just hoping that if I continue to eat at a deficit I'll still lose weight. Has anyone been on it before who can shed some light on the situation? Did you gain weight while still eating at a deficit?

In all honestly, my acne has been such a problem for so many years that I'd happily gain a few pounds for clear skin.

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    After a quick little bit researching.

"It has the potential to cause some fluid retention and a little weight gain, especially in the first two or three months after starting to take it. However, whilst it is good to be aware of this possible side effect, not all women by any means experience any weight gain, though a small proportion report significant weight gain."

Read more: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/birthcontrolandcontraception/203634.html#ixzz3BQJOBaxN

I'd say just stay aware. Sounds like it's a hormone treatment. If that's the case, it's probably manageable. Everyone said my being in peri-menopause would cause a huge belly due to hormones. I notice that the extra ab exercises I do seem to negate that issue quite a bit.

Best of luck!