Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Omeprazole affects on weight loss

I'm wondering if anyone else here takes omeprazole, and if so, have you had any troubles with losing weight (more difficult, slower loss) because of it. I have been on it for several years, and since taking, I have struggled more to lose than weight than in the past. I have already experienced one "rare" side effect from the meds in the beginning, so I'm wondering if I'm just one of the lucky ones who gets the added bonus of weight struggles, too.

Replies

• moldovitsa
    moldovitsa Posts: 15 Member
    bump
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    My hubby has taken it almost religiously for years. This may not apply to your situation, but he's found that when he's tracking his food & eating less he reaches a point where he doesn't need it daily. I guess less food, less carbs = less stomach acid? He's lost weight successfully, stopped taking it, then life got crazy and put the weight back on. And went back to taking it as he started overeating/eating everything imaginable again.