Constantly Feeling Dehydrated

Options
I've been constantly feeling dehydrated for the past two weeks. I am drinking 8-10+ cups of water a day and usually a couple cups worth of liquids from broth and herbal tea. I have no caffeine and the two times I've tried drinking alcohol lately, I barely make it through a drink before my body is screaming stop! I'm trying to workout about 1 - 2 hours a day, usually indoors. My sodium levels might be a bit high, but nothing absurd. Is there anything I am missing? Is there something else I should be considering to feel hydrated?

Replies

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. I drink a gallon a day.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    1.) keep drinking

2.) see a doctor. Constant thirst and the feeling you aren't satisfied with the water you are drinking even though your drinking buckets is a sympton of diabeetus. Get thee to a doctor. stat.

3.) get to a doctor.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I would start with drinking more water. 8-10, isn't really that much, especially considering how much you exercise. Try drinking more like 12-14 cups per day and see if that helps. Eating more fresh foods can help a lot too as you get some hydration from things like fruits and raw veggies.

For me personally, sodium, even if it's just a bit high, can really mess with my water retention and hydration levels. I like drinking hot tea as that seems to help get things moving and then drink a lot of water during the day. I end up drinking at least 12 cups of water per day plus 2-4 cups of coffee and 2 cups of tea.
  • SonyaKou
    SonyaKou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I think I was confusing. I meant that 8-10 is my bottom line minimum. I am also drinking an additional 3-4 cups in non-water liquids, such as broths and herbal teas. Since I am not drinking diuretics, that is over the threshold generally required for my body weight (80 oz.). I'll try to calculate my lost water, next time I workout to make sure I am drinking enough to cover that. My blood sugar was just fine last year, but you are probably right, JoRocka, I should check it out again anyway. In the meantime I will try to cut back on my sodium a little. Thanks.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Drink more water. I drink a gallon a day.
    Yep, this!

And I really hope you don't have diabeeeetus :frown: