Flushing out sodium

Options
I made a pretty idiotic choice last night by going through a Mcdonalds drive through and consuming 2 double cheeseburgers. uncharacteristic of me, but i totally messed up my food intake.

anyway, i know having too much soduim in your system hold on to water, which can hinder your weight loss. what is the best way to regulate your body again? increase my water intake? exercise more?

Replies

• maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options
    Chug chug chug chug!!! (I ate pizza hut last night, I swear I feel straight up swollen from all the salt.) I just drink a ton of water and I'm back to normal the next day.
  • ryanmommy1979
    Options
    drink lots and lots of water. Avoid anything with too much sodium today. I bet you enjoyed your treat though!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    When I know I've had too much sodium (when my ring gets tight), I drink more water than usual, and if it's around, chomp on watermelon.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1 - give it a couple days

2 - drink lots of water

3 - go get your sweat on
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    drink lots and lots of water. Avoid anything with too much sodium today. I bet you enjoyed your treat though!

Thanks, and honestly, the McDees did not sit well at all. i also had it at 3 am after a night of drinking. i managed to plan ahead for my drinks, just never anticipated pigging out on garbage at 3 am.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I went to Wendy's last night and got a spicy chicken caesar salad :smile:
  • redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I agree with what everyone has said but would caveat by saying to increase your water intake but not all at once. You can flush out electrolytes and overhydrate yourself