Sushi & Rolls Nutrition Information

Options
Hello all :D Hope you're all having a wonderful day !

I'm just wondering about the nutrition info for the different types of rolls (ie. dynamite roll, unagi roll, yam roll, suicide roll, etc.), do each type of roll all have roughly the same nutritional info regardless of the restaurant ? Because I rarely see nutrition info provided in a sushi restaurant but there are lots of nutritional info for each type of roll.

Anyone?

Replies

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It will be very specific to the individual restaurant. Some of those rolls will have different ingredients between different restaurants, and the restaurants will also have different ways of preparing the rice, portion size, etc. You just have to do your best on calorie / nutrition estimates (breaking down the rolls into guestimates on individual ingredients might help you get the nutrition info better) and otherwise enjoy your sushi.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Agreed, specific to the restaurant. If they don't have it posted you mght just have to estimate.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Here's a good resource for sushi cals. Be careful though, these are based on averages of info the creator of the list could find that were publicly available. Also, if there are added sauces, or other ingredients that may affect the calories and fat content.

http://www.sushifaq.com/sushi-health/calories-in-sushi/

mmmm now I want sushi
  • Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Aaaaand now I wish I was having sushi for supper haha

I agree with all above. I compile the calories from several sources and make a guess based on that (thick rice layer = higher estimate, etc).
  • cjl2535
    cjl2535 Posts: 89
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone :D I always have the hardest time trying to find asian restaurants with nutritional information

sigh :(