Grr and a question

Options
Today for some reason I have felt like I am starving. I am eating healthy foods but I think my smoothies are kicking in again after not having them for a while. I know they are kick starting my metabolism because every time I start drinking them again after a long time I start eating everything in site, which is nice because I still lose weight but I've sadly (after not trying) have become obsessed with my calories. Do I just let my body control this? Usually it lasts about a week and Im back to eating my 1480 calories a day.

I dont know its just frustrating. :(

Also, I was wondering, since at my School's gym I use the Elliptical and burn crazy calories on it. I was wondering if I should buy a cheap used one that works, or buy an $80 a month membership to my local gym (classes end this week and I wont be going to in seat classes until the 3rd of January). Also I run 3 times a week but with it blizzard-ing out (like it was this weekend) would it be wise to invest in a used elliptical?

Kind of at a Grr moment here, especially since my weightloss has been going pretty good

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    If you have the room for one go for it. I bet you can find one on Craigslist for cheap. I saw one at the dump today. lol. It wasn't in any of the dumpsters so I'm guessing someone just wanted it gone.

People buy them then they become clothes hangers so they get rid of them.

I work out at our city rec center gym and it's 20$ a month. Maybe that'd be an option.
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    More protein in your day and drinking water will help with the hungries. Try adding protein powder to your smoothies (if you don't already).
  • triscuitsmom08
    triscuitsmom08 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I drink green smoothies :) and I might have to start trying the protein thing. All I know is I think all this exercising lately has really kick started my metabolism. My weight-loss is really kicking into gear :) and I think the fact I dropped quite a bit recently (my ticker was messed up so it looked like I had lost more than I thought) might be a part of feeling so hungry. I try to eat good carbs (I slip up a lot) and calories too.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Protien is important to that full feeling, also high fiber. And if you are feeling hungry, drink water first because you might be slightly dehydrated and the body will make you think you are hungry. But you are legitimately hungry don't deprive yourself, you'll binge later. Have fruit or veggies to get past the hungries when its not part of your planned meals/snacks.